spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kitty_kat

@wideopenwest.com

Ultra tv questions

We just got WOW and have been disappointed. Slow internet to not the greatest picture but here is my main grip for this post

The menu system doesn't tell us the episode number of a show or the year it was made. This makes it very difficult to figure out what order to watch different episodes of a particular series that we've recorded. i have to go imdb.com to figure it out. Does the Ultra package provide this information?

another annoying thing is the description of the show is sometimes cut off.

We aren't too happy with the interface on the menu system , it's looks like an 80s video game. get with the times WOW

finally, can you search for a show's future airings like with uverse

about to go back to u-Verse and Dish...

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

Re: Ultra tv questions

I'm pretty happy so far - as good as Comcast and two DVRs worked before.
I agree the menu system for recorded shows is awkward/different.
Not familiar with UVerse

going to the Recorded menu, I finally found the Options choice, and it has the future recordings, show priority levels.
I like Comcast's menus better, but I can deal with it.
If I never had a DVR before, I might think higher of what Ultra does.

I like the 6 tuners, so I don't sacrifice one show for another.
I like the whole house access even if more shows feel like more clutter!
WOW has made a great improvement over their DVRs that never compared to my measuring stick of Comcast.
--

Jim, VoIP 12/2002, VOIPo 2/2007
FAH-Tool~Pets~Join Artist-247

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:27
reply to kitty_kat

Re: Ultra tv questions

said by kitty_kat :

The menu system doesn't tell us the episode number of a show or the year it was made. This makes it very difficult to figure out what order to watch different episodes of a particular series that we've recorded. i have to go imdb.com to figure it out. Does the Ultra package provide this information?

Ultra TV will list the date and time the episode the show was recorded, as well as the original air date of the episode.

said by kitty_kat :

finally, can you search for a show's future airings like with uverse

The guide information goes 13 days into the future. Ultra TV does have a search function where you enter the name of the show, or a keyword, and it will show you every episode in the guide data, as well as all episodes available through VOD.
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
Network Operations Center

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3

I also found INFO will get you to the series recording options too.