join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by Boldwin89:

Any news/updates on this matter?

Do you have the updated firmware in your modem? The modem reboot issue has been successfully fixed with the firmware 1.0.4.4R8-wh.

You need to enable a PPPoE modem in the cellpipe's web interface in order for it to download firmware. You can disable it after.

You can check what firmware you have by clicking on »192.168.2.1/util_system.html
--
GO BLUE JAYS!

Phibian

join:2009-06-01
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Boldwin89
The technical issue has been resolved.

If you have firmware 1.0.4.4R3WH you should enter your login into the modem and reboot it. It should then update to 1.0.4.4R8WH at which point the issue appears to be fixed.

TSI is looking into getting those of us who suffered through this issue for months compensation but the exact formula for this has yet to be decided.

Boldwin89

join:2012-08-02
Montreal, QC
My modem is a Speedtouch 516 and I get access to my modem with 192.168.1.254. I don't think risking to flash a firmware from my modem will fix anything unless the people form teksavvy recommend it.

Product Name: ST516
Serial Number: CP1110DT2TE
Software Release: 6.2.29.2
Software Variant: AA
Boot Loader Version: 1.0.8
Product Code: 3594263A
Board Name: BANT-V

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by Boldwin89:

My modem is a Speedtouch 516 and I get access to my modem with 192.168.1.254. I don't think risking to flash a firmware from my modem will fix anything unless the people form teksavvy recommend it.

You're not having the Cellpipe modem issue this thread is about... And your ST516 modem firmware is a tad old, there is newer firmware 7.4.x.x that helps with stability.
--
GO BLUE JAYS!

Eug

join:2007-04-14
Canada

3 edits
reply to Phibian

1.0.4.4R8 on Stinger too.

said by Eug:

said by compudj:

I got the update to firmware 1.0.4.4R8-wh somewhere before August 1st,
and it's been stable since then (currently August 13th).

Does anyone know if this firmware was rolled out strictly for people suffering this issue on specific slams? I'm assuming they are not planning on rolling this out to others as well, to keep all the Cellpipe users on a common firmware, but I don't know.

said by HiVolt:

I've used several of the cellpipe firmware at my place, 1.0.4.3EF-STINGER, 1.0.4.3EF-ISAM, 1.0.4.4R3WH (the rebooting one), and now the 1.0.4.4R8-wh.

I've never lost sync on any of them that I've noticed.

I've been on 1.0.4.3EF-STINGER for years in the same house (originally on Bell Fibe). -- snip --

Hmmm... It seems I got updated to 1.0.4.4R8 sometime in the last couple of months.

said by Phibian:

If you have firmware 1.0.4.4R3WH you should enter your login into the modem and reboot it. It should then update to 1.0.4.4R8WH at which point the issue appears to be fixed.

I have an extra Cellpipe I bought off eBay which still has 1.0.4.3EF-STINGER on it. I wonder if I should swap it in to get it updated too.

BTW, during this entire period, my Airport Extreme router has been doing the PPPoE login, yet my Cellpipe was updated anyway. It has been power cycled during that period though - power outage.

Also, I think this new firmware is faster. I'm looking at my stats, and my payload rate has not changed significantly, at 26936 down and 7936 up. I'm now getting 25.1 down 7.4 up with Bell's speed test. Previously I was getting under 25 down and about 6.9 up, with a payload rate in January of 26928/7904.

--
Everything Apple