All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Wilsdom
join:2009-08-06

Wilsdom to BiggA

to BiggA

Re: AT some point...

Making money is complicated and requires innovation. For example, consolidate the nodes: one node per region is much more efficient. Meters have trouble billing by the gigabyte, so bill by the bit! (I know, it's amazing you didn't think of something so obvious) If everyone just sticks together and hunts down the bandwidth hoarders we can do this!

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by Wilsdom:

Meters have trouble billing by the gigabyte, so bill by the bit! (I know, it's amazing you didn't think of something so obvious)

Wouldn't that be like saying it's hard to measure by the mile so we'll start measuring by the foot (or inch)?

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to Wilsdom

to Wilsdom
said by Wilsdom:

Making money is complicated and requires innovation. For example, consolidate the nodes: one node per region is much more efficient. Meters have trouble billing by the gigabyte, so bill by the bit! (I know, it's amazing you didn't think of something so obvious) If everyone just sticks together and hunts down the bandwidth hoarders we can do this!

no combining nodes is not efficient and never will as you are loading to many subscribers on to a single node which two previously served. There is a reason for nodes splits not node combines more bandwidth with a split not a combine.