Search similar:

uniqs

QuaffAPint
A Big Thanks To The Troops
join:2001-01-10
Downingtown, PA

QuaffAPint

Drywall pricing

Looking to finish part our basement in the SE PA area. We're doing some pieces and I'm having contractors do others.

For around a 650 sqft walls + ceiling (not soffit building, just drywalling), we got our first estimate of $6,000 - which to me seems really high.

It's only our first estimate, but wanted to get thoughts from others who might have recently had it done in the area.

Thanks.

natedj
Elected
Premium Member
join:2001-06-06
Irmo, SC

natedj

Premium Member

That does seem high ... here is a link to what another poster had to say about his drywall job to give you an idea on pricing.
»Re: Sharing pics of my recent dining room remodel project

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to QuaffAPint

Premium Member

to QuaffAPint
said by QuaffAPint:

Looking to finish part our basement in the SE PA area. We're doing some pieces and I'm having contractors do others.

For around a 650 sqft walls + ceiling (not soffit building, just drywalling), we got our first estimate of $6,000 - which to me seems really high.

It's only our first estimate, but wanted to get thoughts from others who might have recently had it done in the area.

Thanks.

That seems WAY too high! I had my basement drywalled (walls, not ceiling) for a quarter of that .. More square footage too.

Not sure where in PA you are, but give this guy a call - he's in NJ and did a FANTASTIC job on my basement! I know he does work in PA so not sure how far you are but worth a call -

»bertsdrywall.net

QuaffAPint
Downingtown, PA

QuaffAPint

said by dennismurphy:

said by QuaffAPint:

Thanks.

That seems WAY too high! I had my basement drywalled (walls, not ceiling) for a quarter of that .. More square footage too.

Not sure where in PA you are, but give this guy a call - he's in NJ and did a FANTASTIC job on my basement! I know he does work in PA so not sure how far you are but worth a call -

»bertsdrywall.net

Ok - Glad to see I'm not totally nuts here. I remember you mentioning this guy in another thread. I just sent him a message to see if he comes this far south.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya to QuaffAPint

MVM

to QuaffAPint
Wow. For a quality job, I would imagine less than $1.5K for labor and material.
650 SF of wall isn't that much. That's a pretty small area. Are you sure on your dimensions?

QuaffAPint
Downingtown, PA

QuaffAPint

said by nunya:

Wow. For a quality job, I would imagine less than $1.5K for labor and material.
650 SF of wall isn't that much. That's a pretty small area. Are you sure on your dimensions?

Dimensions are right - It's 650sq ft wall, plus ceiling. So, maybe 1100sqft all together. All I can figure is he didn't want the job and priced it as such - Now I really can't wait till the end of the week to get the next set of estimates in - I hope they're not all crazy around here.

I really want to ask the guy why in the world he's charging so much .

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to nunya

Mod

to nunya
Is it 650 sq ft walls plus ceiling or is it 650 sq ft walls and ceiling?

QuaffAPint
Downingtown, PA

QuaffAPint

said by robbin:

Is it 650 sq ft walls plus ceiling or is it 650 sq ft walls and ceiling?

650 + ceiling - So, like 1100-1200 all together.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut to QuaffAPint

Premium Member

to QuaffAPint
I get $1620 at $1.35 a square, ready for prime.
fartness (banned)
Donald Trump 2016
join:2003-03-25
Look Outside

fartness (banned) to QuaffAPint

to QuaffAPint
Hah, I got $10k estimate job for similar size. Would have been to drywall the basement and tile the floor. These people are on crack!

Parents' house, which is similar size, had similar job done as I wanted for mine but 18 years ago was $1500. That was drywall, outlets, tile, doors to separate some rooms in the basement, heating, sump, etc. Figured when I was looking for a quote for the same thing for my basement, it would be around $3000 to $4000, but $10k? Wow. I've since given up on that idea since there's other things I'd rather do to improve the value of the house.