Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo to Jerm

to Jerm

Re: 100mbps via wireless

said by Jerm:

Don't even try this on 2.4Ghz. Oh wait, thats what 95% of people have deployed!

Im doing this on 2.4Ghz, and its a wireless N router, with 2x2 MIMO going, and I get around 290mbps internal LAN speeds. can post proof if necessary. Overhead isnt that much, not as much as it used to be.

Jerm
join:2000-04-10
Richland, WA
·Ziply Fiber

Jerm

said by Chubbysumo:

Im doing this on 2.4Ghz, and its a wireless N router, with 2x2 MIMO going, and I get around 290mbps internal LAN speeds. can post proof if necessary.

You're a bad neighbor chewing up 66% of the spectrum for your own use. Hey its UNLICENSED have at it! 40mhz of 60mhz is good enough for me!

I see 53 different networks from my second floor and my grid up there on 2.4Ghz. I'll keep my 5Ghz handy...
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo

said by Jerm:

You're a bad neighbor chewing up 66% of the spectrum for your own use. Hey its UNLICENSED have at it! 40mhz of 60mhz is good enough for me!

I see 53 different networks from my second floor and my grid up there on 2.4Ghz. I'll keep my 5Ghz handy...

My spectrum :P really tho, my laptop only picks up about a dozen networks, and has 11 channels to pick from(and that elusive 12th if I feel naughty). Yes, im chewing up the spectrum, but its very limited in area, meaning that the same spectrum can be used about every 300 feet. Your place is just crazy, and I dont blame you for using the 5ghz frequencies. I have a 5ghz network, but it does not go as far as my 2.4, nor does it go thru the walls here as well.

TheTechGuru
join:2004-03-25
TEXAS

TheTechGuru

I wish there were a 900mhz WiFi option for good wall penetration.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN

Chubbysumo

lol, get licensed spectrum, and then use cellular transmitters/receivers for long range wireless, its been done before, and many WISPs do it already, its just not cheap.
JTY
join:2004-05-29
Ellensburg, WA

JTY to TheTechGuru

to TheTechGuru
said by TheTechGuru:

I wish there were a 900mhz WiFi option for good wall penetration.

Ubiquiti and others do make 900Mhz cards, so it can be done.

TheTechGuru
join:2004-03-25
TEXAS

TheTechGuru to Chubbysumo

to Chubbysumo
said by Chubbysumo:

lol, get licensed spectrum, and then use cellular transmitters/receivers for long range wireless, its been done before, and many WISPs do it already, its just not cheap.

Yep, MMDS. Wish there was more of it around.