Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to raythompsontn

Re: [Photos] Salvagable?

I'm trying to remember how it worked when my wife totalled her Volvo. I think the insurance company got a payoff quote from the finance company, and the insurance company paid-off the loan directly. Then the finance company held on to the title for another 2 weeks (in case the insurance company check bounced!), then sent the title to the insurance company.

At that point, the insurance company would have mailed me the title, had me sign it over to them, mail it back, then the insurance company would have mailed the check to me. I opted to go to the insurance company headquarters to sign over the title and get my check in 2 minutes instead of dealing with mailing delays.

Bottom line is all that stuff took forever, and I had to borrow money from a family member so I could get a new car without waiting for all of the above.

The insurance company payment was more than I expected. They go by the retail book value.

michieru
Premium
join:2009-07-25
Miami, FL
reply to nightdesigns
To answer your question, yes.

Looking at the first and second pictures it does not look like the engine compartment was compromised and I had a similar accident back in 2007.

nightdesigns
Gone missing, back soon
Premium
join:2002-05-31
AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to nightdesigns
Quick Update, adjuster looked at the car and said his initial impression was that it was contained to the wheel well and did not enter the engine or transmission area. Waiting on confirmation that it will be a repair. It was issued at 47% of car value for the repair (65% is the threshold for total). 47% included buffer for the unexpected. Next stop, off to Honda for their tear down and evaluation.
--
This Space for Rent...

telco_mtl

join:2012-01-06
said by nightdesigns:

Quick Update, adjuster looked at the car and said his initial impression was that it was contained to the wheel well and did not enter the engine or transmission area. Waiting on confirmation that it will be a repair. It was issued at 47% of car value for the repair (65% is the threshold for total). 47% included buffer for the unexpected. Next stop, off to Honda for their tear down and evaluation.

you are lucky, in these parts its rare for a honda dealer to have a colision center, when my aunt messed up her accord was sent by her insurance to the local chevy dealer to be fixed