share rss forum feed

SpHeRe31459
Premium
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA
kudos:2
reply to mgmgmg

Re: iGuide A30

Yep now my DCH 3416 has A30 too. I'm looking forward to trying out the enhanced remote DVR management and remote control features.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15

1 recommendation

reply to mgmgmg
Didn't you read the first post(s) of this thread?

mgmgmg

join:2002-09-08
Minneapolis, MN
reply to joejoejeo
My dch3200 just got the a30 last night.....i dont see any difference? what are the advantages with the a30?

SpHeRe31459
Premium
Sacramento, CA
reply to SpHeRe31459
Well sheesh! it's been since I last posted on 4/18 and my DVR (DCH 3416) is still on A28 while my Pace RNG110 is on A30. Anyone know what gives?

SpHeRe31459
Premium
Sacramento, CA
reply to mgmgmg
I assume you mean it still has A28...

My DVR is a DCH series too

From reading through this thread, one person reported two weeks difference between his Pace box and his Moto DVR getting it. So I guess it's being done in phases probably by newer hardware and then older hardware or by vendor with the Pace image being first. I remember the A28 push was somewhat similar.

mgmgmg

join:2002-09-08
Minneapolis, MN

1 edit
reply to joejoejeo
My RNG 150N just got the A30 last week but my Motorola DCH3200 still has A28.....

SpHeRe31459
Premium
Sacramento, CA
reply to SpHeRe31459
My Pace RNG110 in my bedroom just got A30 last night. I came into the bedroom to watch some TV before bed and noticed the channel numbers as I pressed them on the screen looked a bit different, and I checked the guide software version.

My Motorola DVR in the living room hasn't gotten A30 yet... I would bet that comes in a day or so, if it's like the other guide updates.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to SpHeRe31459
said by SpHeRe31459:

Is there a place for status updates on the A30 rollout? Like a Comcast blog post or something. I didn't see a link anywhere. I'd be interested to know when it'll be coming to California.

Though with the troubling guide data purge bugs, I dunno if I'm in any hurry to get A30 just yet...

So far, I've gone through 2 weekends without the purge. I think there is a bug in A30 involving manual recordings (VCR-style recordings where you set start/end and channel.) Or maybe just manual recordings that are set to repeat (mine was set to repeat every Sunday night.)

SpHeRe31459
Premium
Sacramento, CA
reply to joejoejeo
Is there a place for status updates on the A30 rollout? Like a Comcast blog post or something. I didn't see a link anywhere. I'd be interested to know when it'll be coming to California.

Though with the troubling guide data purge bugs, I dunno if I'm in any hurry to get A30 just yet...

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to andyross
looks like they didn't do a reset here but I do notice the queue button on my menu.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo
3rd Monday morning in a row: Guide data wiped out and diagnostics show it has purged. At 6:15AM, it showed it had purged twice. I'm guessing the initial purge is sometime between 1 and 3AM.

wolf0621

@comcast.net
reply to mariod
Also getting these periodic A30 guide updates. Many times they "break" my HDMI handshake between the box, the av receiver & the tv (all are HDMI-connected & none have a direct internet connection for auto-updates except for the cable box). This means the first time after the update the components fail to sync up & I have to physically power cycle the converter (RNG200N) which then re-establishes that handshake, and I'm fine from that point on. This has probably happened 3 times now within the past 6 weeks or so. More of a nuisance than anything else really, losing the online guide for a while until it reloads...

mariod

join:2009-06-16
reply to joejoejeo
I notiuced a bunch of updates to the DVR menu in A30 yesterday.

There are new submenus to the DVR page:

1) Search and record shows based on director or actor last name.
2) Search and record based on show title
3) Import your online Queue of shows and look for them On Demand.

BigBearsFan

join:2009-08-01
Galesburg, IL
reply to dishrich
We received A30 overnight last night.Haven't had time to check it out much yet.Got a notice on the box that internet speeds are going to double soon.Next step is X-1 .How long will that take.(probably end of 2013)

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo
Another Monday morning, another DB reset loop.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to mikedz4
Who knows. It could have been a firmware update, a configuration update, a forced reboot due to other known issues, or just the box crashing.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
reply to andyross
what would've caused it to reboot?

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

db and system time is 1:04:33. Is that 1 hour 4 minutes and 33 seconds or 1 day 4 hours and 33 minutes.
Last reclaim 2/16 8:37
last triage: none

content: 742 slots, control id:53, avg gap 62, avg tbas 126, show/info levels: 0/0

reclaimed 18 show, 0 fixups, 11 packs, 0msgs
purge state: none since reset

That is day:hour:minute format. So it was fully rebooted just over a day ago. You had no purge or database reset.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to andyross
db and system time is 1:04:33. Is that 1 hour 4 minutes and 33 seconds or 1 day 4 hours and 33 minutes.
Last reclaim 2/16 8:37
last triage: none

content: 742 slots, control id:53, avg gap 62, avg tbas 126, show/info levels: 0/0

reclaimed 18 show, 0 fixups, 11 packs, 0msgs
purge state: none since reset

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

my box did it again today. The listings past tonight say to be announced. I know I accidentally powered off the dvr last night but nothing happened to the slave box to make it lose it's listings too.
I'm thinking they added new hd channels 3 weeks ago and that might be keeping capacity for the guide down.
I'm guessing at this rate we won't ever see x1 or future products here.

Check to see if it did a database purge or a reboot.
MENU/MENU/Setup/Cable Box Setup/Configuration.
On the configuration screen, hit the FAV key.
The first screen will list the system up time and DB run time. If they are the same, then you had a full reboot. If the DB time is less, it did a purge.
If you hit the FAV key 2 more times, it will go to the DB statistics screen. That will list how often it has purged.

For me, it mainly appears to be happening Sunday night/Monday morning.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to joejoejeo
my box did it again today. The listings past tonight say to be announced. I know I accidentally powered off the dvr last night but nothing happened to the slave box to make it lose it's listings too.
I'm thinking they added new hd channels 3 weeks ago and that might be keeping capacity for the guide down.
I'm guessing at this rate we won't ever see x1 or future products here.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
reply to dishrich
Let us know if you notice any other troubles or if you connect an eSATA external drive.

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL
reply to joejoejeo
Just got A30 down here on my DCX3501; I realized this when it refused to play back ANY of my recordings - I rebooted it & it started working properly again. This caused me to check the firmware# & found A30 on it...

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
reply to andyross
said by andyross:

Another Monday morning, and again, it purged the database overnight. It lasted 2 weeks.

Looks like your post about this issue on the Comcast Help and Support Forum this morning »forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···9#M67153 has triggered an investigation into it now - "The data purge is concerning and could be a local configuration issue. The teams are looking into this now to see what is happening."

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to andyross
Another Monday morning, and again, it purged the database overnight. It lasted 2 weeks.

SpHeRe31459
Premium
Sacramento, CA
reply to andyross
said by andyross:

I don't think this was posted, but I think I found another change in A30r27, unless it was a glitch.

You can now set two series recording to not record if both overlap. Before, you had a 'whack-a-mole' issue where cancelling one would just re-enable the other.

Woot! That "whack-a-mole" behavior is so annoying!

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo
I don't think this was posted, but I think I found another change in A30r27, unless it was a glitch.

You can now set two series recording to not record if both overlap. Before, you had a 'whack-a-mole' issue where cancelling one would just re-enable the other.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
reply to joejoejeo
cypherstream,would you happen to know any changes seen in the A30 guide and perhaps show us a rundown of the new features like you did for the A28 update? »forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···p/752073

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to andyross
That didn't take long. Just minutes after writing the above, it did it again. I gave up and did a full reboot.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo
This is getting ridiculous. Monday morning, and the DB purged overnight again... So, they didn't fix that. It looks like the only 'fix' I've seen in r27 is that the EAS time displays correctly.

Rather than reboot it, I'll let it sit and see if it recovers properly on it's own. The diagnostics page, on the DB status page says:
Purge stats: count 3, last 97, reason 0x0002

I also noticed in the general diagnostics (where you turn it off and hit OK/Select), if you hit INFO, you get an exceptions screen. There is an exception listed in the middle entry.