join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to joejoejeo

Re: iGuide A30

my box did it again today. The listings past tonight say to be announced. I know I accidentally powered off the dvr last night but nothing happened to the slave box to make it lose it's listings too.
I'm thinking they added new hd channels 3 weeks ago and that might be keeping capacity for the guide down.
I'm guessing at this rate we won't ever see x1 or future products here.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
reply to dishrich

Let us know if you notice any other troubles or if you connect an eSATA external drive.

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL
reply to joejoejeo

Just got A30 down here on my DCX3501; I realized this when it refused to play back ANY of my recordings - I rebooted it & it started working properly again. This caused me to check the firmware# & found A30 on it...

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
reply to andyross

said by andyross:

Another Monday morning, and again, it purged the database overnight. It lasted 2 weeks.

Looks like your post about this issue on the Comcast Help and Support Forum this morning »forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···9#M67153 has triggered an investigation into it now - "The data purge is concerning and could be a local configuration issue. The teams are looking into this now to see what is happening."

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to andyross

Another Monday morning, and again, it purged the database overnight. It lasted 2 weeks.

SpHeRe31459
Premium
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA
kudos:2
reply to andyross

said by andyross:

I don't think this was posted, but I think I found another change in A30r27, unless it was a glitch.

You can now set two series recording to not record if both overlap. Before, you had a 'whack-a-mole' issue where cancelling one would just re-enable the other.

Woot! That "whack-a-mole" behavior is so annoying!

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo

I don't think this was posted, but I think I found another change in A30r27, unless it was a glitch.

You can now set two series recording to not record if both overlap. Before, you had a 'whack-a-mole' issue where cancelling one would just re-enable the other.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
reply to joejoejeo

cypherstream,would you happen to know any changes seen in the A30 guide and perhaps show us a rundown of the new features like you did for the A28 update? »forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···p/752073

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to andyross

That didn't take long. Just minutes after writing the above, it did it again. I gave up and did a full reboot.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo

This is getting ridiculous. Monday morning, and the DB purged overnight again... So, they didn't fix that. It looks like the only 'fix' I've seen in r27 is that the EAS time displays correctly.

Rather than reboot it, I'll let it sit and see if it recovers properly on it's own. The diagnostics page, on the DB status page says:
Purge stats: count 3, last 97, reason 0x0002

I also noticed in the general diagnostics (where you turn it off and hit OK/Select), if you hit INFO, you get an exceptions screen. There is an exception listed in the middle entry.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo

When talking about A30, it may now be a good idea to tell which revision. There is an r-25 and r-27.

mountlaurel

@comcast.net
reply to Mike Wolf

Over parents house yesterday in NE Philly. All 4 of their boxes received A30. (Pace, Motorola 6200, 2500 & 700). Noticed when using changing channels with Pace box the Mini guide on the bottom would freeze for about 40 seconds and could not go to another channel until it un-freezed.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
reply to FifthE1ement

That's what I was asking you guys

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to Mike Wolf

said by Mike Wolf:

Are any of you guys seeing any change in the hard drive diagnostics menu? »i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4···Copy.jpg

What changed?
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
reply to joejoejeo

Are any of you guys seeing any change in the hard drive diagnostics menu? »i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4···Copy.jpg

celeritypc
For Lucky Best Wash, Use Mr. Sparkle
Premium
join:2004-05-15
Caldwell, NJ
reply to andyross

said by andyross:

I noticed the box rebooted last night and appears to have been updated with a newer version of A30:
Version 80.48-a30.1210.r-27

The previous one was:
Version 80.47-a30.1205.r-25

We're on r-25 so I guess we can expect an overnight hit for the new version soon.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo

I noticed the box rebooted last night and appears to have been updated with a newer version of A30:
Version 80.48-a30.1210.r-27

The previous one was:
Version 80.47-a30.1205.r-25

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to celeritypc

said by celeritypc:

said by andyross:

I'm beginning to not like A30. This morning, I found the guide wiped out, but my last used menus still set. It had done another DB purge after about 26-27 days.

Are you sure you did not have a power glitch while you were sleeping?

No. If you go into the iGuide diagnostics, there are now separate system and DB uptimes. Also, when I went into the main and mini-menus, it was still defaulting at the last one I used (I usually have the mini-menu pointing at favorites.)

celeritypc
For Lucky Best Wash, Use Mr. Sparkle
Premium
join:2004-05-15
Caldwell, NJ
reply to andyross

said by andyross:

I'm beginning to not like A30. This morning, I found the guide wiped out, but my last used menus still set. It had done another DB purge after about 26-27 days.

Are you sure you did not have a power glitch while you were sleeping?

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo

kb1

join:2008-11-15
South Bend, IN
reply to Spiderman865

said by Spiderman865:

Any idea when the rest of the Chicago area will get the A30 update? Seems like the only area updated was the north region.

I have heard you will get it by the end of March. Same in my area.

Spiderman865

join:2005-12-27
Joliet, IL
reply to teddystacker

Any idea when the rest of the Chicago area will get the A30 update? Seems like the only area updated was the north region.
--
Yesh

teddystacker

join:2001-12-08
Philadelphia, PA
reply to joejoejeo

Anyone have any updates on when the new guide may come to Philly? - Thanks in advance..

Do we know if any External drive will work with DVRs after the update or is is just "Comcast Approved" ones?

tmeader

join:2004-03-15
Laurel, MD
reply to andyross

Just wondering if anyone had any update schedule info for the DC/Baltimore area for the A30 guide? The ability to FINALLY use an external drive with my box might make me consider not leaving Comcast in the near future (that and a fix for the constant resolution switching back to 720p).

Thanks in advance.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo

I've also noticed the 'Last EAS Time' in the diagnostics is messed up. We just had an EAS here (10:20am CST), and it went from 'None' to 504100:21:06.

turnerbrewer

join:2011-11-22
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to joejoejeo

According the the latest update (12/19) my service area (30224, Griffin Ga) should have the A30 guide. The Guide for my Motorola RNG200N is still at version 78.54 - a28p4.1005.r-6 Firmware 24.55.

Any idea on when the update should take place?

»media2.comcast.net/anon.comcasto···87_1.pdf

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to bnculp

Mine occurred 13 days after the update/reboot. I hope this won't become an every-2-weeks thing.

I was at my parents on Christmas, and their boxes (ancient DCT-2200's) had done the same thing.

bnculp

join:2001-10-20
Reading, PA
reply to andyross

said by andyross:

I just had something weird happen, and maybe it's some new A30 feature. It looks like it did a database restart, but not a full box reboot. The Guide data was all wiped out, along with the menus for the first few minutes. But, it still remembered which menus I had last used. In the iGuide Diagnostics, it shows a DB Runtime from just before 9am. The Sys Up Time is from the A30 update two weeks ago.

I just noticed a similar occurrence on my DCX3400. I received a new firmware (24.37) and A30 iGuide update in early December. Yesterday the guide data was all wiped out but without a full box reboot. The iGuide data appears to be filling in again this morning .

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to Streetlight

they don't even have the new sports channels they added in HD yet.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to andyross

It happened again a few hours later. Before that, the iGuide diagnostics showed it still stuck at 11-12 slots (6 hours). I also noticed, in the DB Statistics, that it had done a purge. In the 7+ years I've had iGuide and knew about the diagnostics, I have NEVER seen that before.

I ended up doing a full power-off reboot. So far, after overnight, it's back to normal and filling in the Guide.

I hope this isn't some new A30 bug we will have to live with.