uniqs
share rss forum feed

turnerbrewer

join:2011-11-22
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to joejoejeo

Re: iGuide A30

According the the latest update (12/19) my service area (30224, Griffin Ga) should have the A30 guide. The Guide for my Motorola RNG200N is still at version 78.54 - a28p4.1005.r-6 Firmware 24.55.

Any idea on when the update should take place?

»media2.comcast.net/anon.comcasto···87_1.pdf

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo
I've also noticed the 'Last EAS Time' in the diagnostics is messed up. We just had an EAS here (10:20am CST), and it went from 'None' to 504100:21:06.

tmeader

join:2004-03-15
Laurel, MD
Just wondering if anyone had any update schedule info for the DC/Baltimore area for the A30 guide? The ability to FINALLY use an external drive with my box might make me consider not leaving Comcast in the near future (that and a fix for the constant resolution switching back to 720p).

Thanks in advance.

teddystacker

join:2001-12-08
Philadelphia, PA
reply to joejoejeo
Anyone have any updates on when the new guide may come to Philly? - Thanks in advance..

Do we know if any External drive will work with DVRs after the update or is is just "Comcast Approved" ones?

Spiderman865

join:2005-12-27
Joliet, IL
Any idea when the rest of the Chicago area will get the A30 update? Seems like the only area updated was the north region.
--
Yesh

kb1

join:2008-11-15
South Bend, IN
said by Spiderman865:

Any idea when the rest of the Chicago area will get the A30 update? Seems like the only area updated was the north region.

I have heard you will get it by the end of March. Same in my area.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo
I'm beginning to not like A30. This morning, I found the guide wiped out, but my last used menus still set. It had done another DB purge after about 26-27 days.

celeritypc
For Lucky Best Wash, Use Mr. Sparkle
Premium
join:2004-05-15
Caldwell, NJ
said by andyross:

I'm beginning to not like A30. This morning, I found the guide wiped out, but my last used menus still set. It had done another DB purge after about 26-27 days.

Are you sure you did not have a power glitch while you were sleeping?

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
said by celeritypc:

said by andyross:

Are you sure you did not have a power glitch while you were sleeping?

No. If you go into the iGuide diagnostics, there are now separate system and DB uptimes. Also, when I went into the main and mini-menus, it was still defaulting at the last one I used (I usually have the mini-menu pointing at favorites.)

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo
I noticed the box rebooted last night and appears to have been updated with a newer version of A30:
Version 80.48-a30.1210.r-27

The previous one was:
Version 80.47-a30.1205.r-25

celeritypc
For Lucky Best Wash, Use Mr. Sparkle
Premium
join:2004-05-15
Caldwell, NJ
said by andyross:

I noticed the box rebooted last night and appears to have been updated with a newer version of A30:
Version 80.48-a30.1210.r-27

The previous one was:
Version 80.47-a30.1205.r-25

We're on r-25 so I guess we can expect an overnight hit for the new version soon.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
reply to joejoejeo
Are any of you guys seeing any change in the hard drive diagnostics menu? »i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4···Copy.jpg

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
said by Mike Wolf:

Are any of you guys seeing any change in the hard drive diagnostics menu? »i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4···Copy.jpg

What changed?
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
That's what I was asking you guys

mountlaurel

@comcast.net
Over parents house yesterday in NE Philly. All 4 of their boxes received A30. (Pace, Motorola 6200, 2500 & 700). Noticed when using changing channels with Pace box the Mini guide on the bottom would freeze for about 40 seconds and could not go to another channel until it un-freezed.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo
When talking about A30, it may now be a good idea to tell which revision. There is an r-25 and r-27.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo
This is getting ridiculous. Monday morning, and the DB purged overnight again... So, they didn't fix that. It looks like the only 'fix' I've seen in r27 is that the EAS time displays correctly.

Rather than reboot it, I'll let it sit and see if it recovers properly on it's own. The diagnostics page, on the DB status page says:
Purge stats: count 3, last 97, reason 0x0002

I also noticed in the general diagnostics (where you turn it off and hit OK/Select), if you hit INFO, you get an exceptions screen. There is an exception listed in the middle entry.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
That didn't take long. Just minutes after writing the above, it did it again. I gave up and did a full reboot.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
reply to joejoejeo
cypherstream,would you happen to know any changes seen in the A30 guide and perhaps show us a rundown of the new features like you did for the A28 update? »forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···p/752073

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo
I don't think this was posted, but I think I found another change in A30r27, unless it was a glitch.

You can now set two series recording to not record if both overlap. Before, you had a 'whack-a-mole' issue where cancelling one would just re-enable the other.

SpHeRe31459
Premium
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA
kudos:2
said by andyross:

I don't think this was posted, but I think I found another change in A30r27, unless it was a glitch.

You can now set two series recording to not record if both overlap. Before, you had a 'whack-a-mole' issue where cancelling one would just re-enable the other.

Woot! That "whack-a-mole" behavior is so annoying!

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to andyross
Another Monday morning, and again, it purged the database overnight. It lasted 2 weeks.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
said by andyross:

Another Monday morning, and again, it purged the database overnight. It lasted 2 weeks.

Looks like your post about this issue on the Comcast Help and Support Forum this morning »forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···9#M67153 has triggered an investigation into it now - "The data purge is concerning and could be a local configuration issue. The teams are looking into this now to see what is happening."

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL
reply to joejoejeo
Just got A30 down here on my DCX3501; I realized this when it refused to play back ANY of my recordings - I rebooted it & it started working properly again. This caused me to check the firmware# & found A30 on it...

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
Let us know if you notice any other troubles or if you connect an eSATA external drive.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to joejoejeo
my box did it again today. The listings past tonight say to be announced. I know I accidentally powered off the dvr last night but nothing happened to the slave box to make it lose it's listings too.
I'm thinking they added new hd channels 3 weeks ago and that might be keeping capacity for the guide down.
I'm guessing at this rate we won't ever see x1 or future products here.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
said by mikedz4:

my box did it again today. The listings past tonight say to be announced. I know I accidentally powered off the dvr last night but nothing happened to the slave box to make it lose it's listings too.
I'm thinking they added new hd channels 3 weeks ago and that might be keeping capacity for the guide down.
I'm guessing at this rate we won't ever see x1 or future products here.

Check to see if it did a database purge or a reboot.
MENU/MENU/Setup/Cable Box Setup/Configuration.
On the configuration screen, hit the FAV key.
The first screen will list the system up time and DB run time. If they are the same, then you had a full reboot. If the DB time is less, it did a purge.
If you hit the FAV key 2 more times, it will go to the DB statistics screen. That will list how often it has purged.

For me, it mainly appears to be happening Sunday night/Monday morning.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
db and system time is 1:04:33. Is that 1 hour 4 minutes and 33 seconds or 1 day 4 hours and 33 minutes.
Last reclaim 2/16 8:37
last triage: none

content: 742 slots, control id:53, avg gap 62, avg tbas 126, show/info levels: 0/0

reclaimed 18 show, 0 fixups, 11 packs, 0msgs
purge state: none since reset

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
said by mikedz4:

db and system time is 1:04:33. Is that 1 hour 4 minutes and 33 seconds or 1 day 4 hours and 33 minutes.
Last reclaim 2/16 8:37
last triage: none

content: 742 slots, control id:53, avg gap 62, avg tbas 126, show/info levels: 0/0

reclaimed 18 show, 0 fixups, 11 packs, 0msgs
purge state: none since reset

That is day:hour:minute format. So it was fully rebooted just over a day ago. You had no purge or database reset.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
what would've caused it to reboot?