uniqs
kb1
join:2008-11-15
South Bend, IN

kb1 to FifthE1ement

to FifthE1ement

Re: iGuide A30

said by FifthE1ement:

A30 has finally hit South Florida! Whoot whoot! All DCX3400's updated tonight at 3am EST! The box info now says:

S/W Ver: 80.48 - a30.1210.r-27
Model: ASTB-0x0805
Firmware: 24.37

The model number is weird, no? It used to say DCT as the model. Is there anyway to tell if eSTATA recoding has been enabled? I tried it but it doesn't seem to be working? When I go into the Power Off then quickly OK/select button and navigate to Interface / Port Status it used to have an eSTATA port option I believe which is now gone? The update added Dolby Volume, brightness dimmer for LED screen on front of box, 1080P pass-though, subtitles now in the menu (rather than hidden in hidden box settings), auto power down (hard drive or no input?), new HD logo on channels, guide and show info, Xfinity TV que looks to be similar to Netflix que (can set shows to watch and have it notify you or find the show for you automatically (pretty cool but implementation is bad), I can now view, delete, etc my recordings in the MyDVR manager rather than just what was to be recorded later and series priority (although it's not working yet as I don't think the boxes have synced yet?), zoom feature works, remote control from the web (although its slow laggy and buggy all at once), channel input number and name is cool (when you type a number it tells you the channel identifier eg: 301 HBOHD although Comcast identifiers are vague and small do you know what MMAX is, lol), guide is always in 4:3 even on 480 channels (old version had 16:9 on 480 content), new message when deleting shows from saved list on VOD.

If anyone has any question I'll be happy to test and answer?

EDIT: No joke Comcast said in the External DVR PDF file that Florida would be added on June 3rd and dang were they on the money for once! My main question is that I want to get a DVR expander but it says on the Comcast site that the DCX3400 is not supported yet some of you have it working? I think they may have disabled the eSATA which is why it doesn't appear in the list in the hidden menu?

»media2.comcast.net/anon. ··· 4-13.pdf

Thanks in advance,

5th

Are you sure the zoom feature is working? I have the A30 update on my DCX3501 and HD zoom does not work.
jagged
join:2003-07-01
Boynton Beach, FL

1 edit

jagged to FifthE1ement

to FifthE1ement
so that's why my box was freaking out last night at 3am. I wish the 200N didn't take 4-5 days to populate the guide with info after a reboot. I had to plug it to a UPS

Anyone have info on the ability to stream recordings from the DVR?

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

1 edit

FifthE1ement to kb1

to kb1
said by kb1:

said by FifthE1ement:

A30 has finally hit South Florida! Whoot whoot! All DCX3400's updated tonight at 3am EST! The box info now says:

S/W Ver: 80.48 - a30.1210.r-27
Model: ASTB-0x0805
Firmware: 24.37

The model number is weird, no? It used to say DCT as the model. Is there anyway to tell if eSTATA recoding has been enabled? I tried it but it doesn't seem to be working? When I go into the Power Off then quickly OK/select button and navigate to Interface / Port Status it used to have an eSTATA port option I believe which is now gone? The update added Dolby Volume, brightness dimmer for LED screen on front of box, 1080P pass-though, subtitles now in the menu (rather than hidden in hidden box settings), auto power down (hard drive or no input?), new HD logo on channels, guide and show info, Xfinity TV que looks to be similar to Netflix que (can set shows to watch and have it notify you or find the show for you automatically (pretty cool but implementation is bad), I can now view, delete, etc my recordings in the MyDVR manager rather than just what was to be recorded later and series priority (although it's not working yet as I don't think the boxes have synced yet?), zoom feature works, remote control from the web (although its slow laggy and buggy all at once), channel input number and name is cool (when you type a number it tells you the channel identifier eg: 301 HBOHD although Comcast identifiers are vague and small do you know what MMAX is, lol), guide is always in 4:3 even on 480 channels (old version had 16:9 on 480 content), new message when deleting shows from saved list on VOD.

If anyone has any question I'll be happy to test and answer?

EDIT: No joke Comcast said in the External DVR PDF file that Florida would be added on June 3rd and dang were they on the money for once! My main question is that I want to get a DVR expander but it says on the Comcast site that the DCX3400 is not supported yet some of you have it working? I think they may have disabled the eSATA which is why it doesn't appear in the list in the hidden menu?

»media2.comcast.net/anon. ··· 4-13.pdf

Thanks in advance,

5th

Are you sure the zoom feature is working? I have the A30 update on my DCX3501 and HD zoom does not work.

Yes, its working on 1080i, 720p and 480p channels. It even has text and a grey background to show which zoom you're on (Expand, Stretch, Zoom, Normal). The RNG110 boxes have the zoom enabled with no accompanying text. I have my box set to Native. Perhaps because your 3501 up-converts to 1080p it's disabled. Try turning up-conversion off? What about your other settings?
said by jagged:

so that's why my box was freaking out last night at 3am. I wish the 200N didn't take 4-5 days to populate the guide with info after a reboot. I had to plug it to a UPS

Anyone have info on the ability to stream recordings from the DVR?

Mine hit at 3am and my box was off for like 45 mins loading. My guide would only populate every two hours until like 5pm this afternoon then it downloaded most of the guide. I know your pain as the guide info loading is slow.

As to the stream recordings from your DVR, said (on the first post): "Ability to directly play a completed recording from the customers DVR through your XFINITY TV online account." That phrase is simply worded wrong. You CAN NOT stream from your DVR, only start a DVR recoding from your online MyDVR access. EG: View MyDVR on your computer and then navigate to your recordings (which now appear in a list along with history, then click a recording and you can start it on the box it is on. It's basically like hitting the play button on your remote in the room with the box. Nothing big here. It didn't work when I tried to start a recording via online and my DVR recordings aren't appearing in the list? Neither is my history but maybe it takes a few days to sync?

Anyone have any info or can test a removable DVR for me please?

5TH
jagged
Boynton Beach, FL

jagged

well bummer then. Thanks for the explanation, guess I might just take the plunge and go HTPC with network tuners

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement

said by jagged:

well bummer then. Thanks for the explanation, guess I might just take the plunge and go HTPC with network tuners

Yeah when I first read it too I thought cool streaming! LOL, but Comcast does have a streaming product but it costs more and you can do it with a slingplayer for free.

5th
jagged
Boynton Beach, FL

jagged

I just want to fling video around the house. And with the 200N dvr box I also can't download recordings off it via Firewire the way I could with the other boxes.

And it's acting up, sometimes it takes forever to switch between channels and the A30 update did nothing to mitigate this. I had recordings disapear with 50% free space. Odd thing is I can see them on the Xfinity site but not when I browse the DVR >.

I'm contemplating an AMD APU small form factor PC with either Ethernet or USB tuners and Media Center