Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to joejoejeo

Re: iGuide A30

how does somerset county,pa get a30 before me or is that somerset somewhere else?

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Mike-
It's Somerset, NJ. Look for the region in () to help you out.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to JeepMatt

said by JeepMatt:

said by PDX Tom :

Was the Portland listed for Nov 13, Oregon or Maine? I'm in Portland, OR and still don't have A30.

Tom-
Based on the other rollouts in New England, i'd say it was Portland, Maine.

Mike-
Heck, they haven't even made it down to my Northern Delaware section of the Freedom region on the schedule yet (i'm sure there are dates, just not listed here). Seems like my part is usually last to go of all sections.

Comcast does not serve Portland Maine! that is TWC territory Navigator Land

turnerbrewer

join:2011-11-22
reply to joejoejeo

What about the Atlanta, Ga market?
Comcast will not let me have an X1 box, so I would at least like the ability to connect my WD DVR Extender.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV

tell them you are going to switch to directv with their genie service or dish network's hopper service unless they can get you a x1 box. Note you will probably need triple play.

turnerbrewer

join:2011-11-22
Reviews:
·Comcast

There lies the "rub"....Comcast requires me to sign up for Triple Play, but I have no use for a land line..
DirecTv will let me subscribe to their lowest package and still receive the 5 tuner Genie...
Lately I have been so close to pulling the plug on Comcast....

Comcast Guy

join:2008-01-16
Harrisburg, PA
reply to joejoejeo

Keystone Launches:

Harrisburg/Chambersburg: 12/4 HD, 12/6 SD
Lebanon/Lancaster: 12/11 HD, 12/13 SD
State College: 12/11 HD, 12/13 SD
Pittsburgh/Wheeling/Youngstown: 1/15-1/17 depending on box type.

All dates are subject to change (this means you, mikedz4).

mikedz4

Weirton, WV

wow. Not until January!! What is the difference between sd and HD? I thought A30 was only sd still.

Comcast Guy

join:2008-01-16
Harrisburg, PA

1 edit

HD = HD & DVR boxes
SD = Any other boxes

metalsaber

@comcast.net

Is the New Castle, PA region included in either the Youngstown/Pittsburgh upgrade?

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Comcast Guy

I'm guessing the SD versions may be more stripped down due to the limited memory many have.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
reply to metalsaber

yes but why such a long wait? Holdiays? Also when will we get more hd?

Streetlight

join:2005-11-07
Colorado Springs, CO

We aren't going to get more HD channels until Comcast stops removing them and replacing them with sports networks and channels with commercials. Many threads in these forums have complained about this trend and aren't happy with it.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to mikedz4

said by mikedz4:

yes but why such a long wait? Holdiays?

End of year freeze. Almost every company's technology department locks down codes for the final 2 weeks of the year.

(And yes, I do this for a living)
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

psujim

join:2007-10-10
Reading, PA
reply to Comcast Guy

said by Comcast Guy:

Keystone Launches:

Harrisburg/Chambersburg: 12/4 HD, 12/6 SD
Lebanon/Lancaster: 12/11 HD, 12/13 SD
State College: 12/11 HD, 12/13 SD
Pittsburgh/Wheeling/Youngstown: 1/15-1/17 depending on box type.

All dates are subject to change (this means you, mikedz4).

Does this mean nothing for the Reading/Hamburg system? Everyone around us will have the upgrade, but I haven't seen a date for us yet.

Floppy

join:2002-07-03

Reading/Hamburg is under the Lebanon umbrella.

psujim

join:2007-10-10
Reading, PA

Ok thanks.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo

Just got A30 here in the NW Chicago suburbs (and probably the whole Chicago area.) I know it started around 3:02AM as I had a recording cut off.

gogorichie

join:2005-04-14
Palatine, IL

yeah i got mine too around the same time in Palatine

jblues

join:2001-04-28
Allen Park, MI
reply to joejoejeo

The best part about the A30 Guide is the Extender...I really like it!

scot877

@comcast.net
reply to andyross

Received on DCT2244 but not on two DCX3400 boxes in Mchenry.

joefriday

join:2011-06-12
Corvallis, OR
reply to joejoejeo

A30 deployed to Benton County Oregon this morning. Now need to experiment with it to find weaknesses. One thing I've noticed is a slow response to remote.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL

I didn't notice much difference on my ancient DCT6412. As the guide is refilling, it does alot of triage (compacting and throwing out furthest times so it can fill in holes), and that can slow it down for a bit at times.

The main changes I noticed: CC can be turned on/off from iGuide menu, HD logo changed from square with HD in it to bold HD text, channel name shows up as you type in numbers. Some of the iGuide diagnostics pages have more information, and several new 'guidenet' pages.

Also, I read that a bug where horizontal scrolling in the guide would sometimes cause a jump to a different channel is fixed (something to do with a PPV ad at the bottom.) Since PPV is often next to the naughty channels, you often ended up in the bad side of town.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL

I have noticed an occasional quirk: Sometimes when doing something like swapping tuners, changing channels, or switching between live and a recording, the screen doesn't display black but displays some colored screen with green lines on the sides. It's like it's displaying some random data from a buffer.

It's somewhat random, and seems to mainly occur when both tuners are SD. In fact, when I turned on a bedroom TV that can 'see' the main DVR through an RF modulator, it was displaying that even though the box was actually off.

It's not a big issue, mainly a cosmetic quirk. This is on a DCT6412P2.

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Oregonian

said by Oregonian:

Looks like my Pace box now has A30 here in the Portland, OR area but my Motorola boxes do not.

And now my Motorola boxes have been updated to A30 as well.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to joejoejeo

I just had something weird happen, and maybe it's some new A30 feature. It looks like it did a database restart, but not a full box reboot. The Guide data was all wiped out, along with the menus for the first few minutes. But, it still remembered which menus I had last used. In the iGuide Diagnostics, it shows a DB Runtime from just before 9am. The Sys Up Time is from the A30 update two weeks ago.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL

It happened again a few hours later. Before that, the iGuide diagnostics showed it still stuck at 11-12 slots (6 hours). I also noticed, in the DB Statistics, that it had done a purge. In the 7+ years I've had iGuide and knew about the diagnostics, I have NEVER seen that before.

I ended up doing a full power-off reboot. So far, after overnight, it's back to normal and filling in the Guide.

I hope this isn't some new A30 bug we will have to live with.

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to Streetlight

they don't even have the new sports channels they added in HD yet.

bnculp

join:2001-10-20
Reading, PA
reply to andyross

said by andyross:

I just had something weird happen, and maybe it's some new A30 feature. It looks like it did a database restart, but not a full box reboot. The Guide data was all wiped out, along with the menus for the first few minutes. But, it still remembered which menus I had last used. In the iGuide Diagnostics, it shows a DB Runtime from just before 9am. The Sys Up Time is from the A30 update two weeks ago.

I just noticed a similar occurrence on my DCX3400. I received a new firmware (24.37) and A30 iGuide update in early December. Yesterday the guide data was all wiped out but without a full box reboot. The iGuide data appears to be filling in again this morning .

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL

Mine occurred 13 days after the update/reboot. I hope this won't become an every-2-weeks thing.

I was at my parents on Christmas, and their boxes (ancient DCT-2200's) had done the same thing.