uniqs

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

[Raiding] Heroic Sinestra

How many of you have downed her?

I gave it a whirl for the first time last night...wiped about 25 times.

Consistantly got to p3, but people kept going splat, I'm pretty sure it was due to piss poor Wrack dispelling. Any advice?

Honestly, it should be a breeze this week with the expac changes coming into play. I can't wait to test drive Stormlash Totem.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

Make sure you have a CD up for the breaths in p3, dispelling wrack early will cause wipes, even in p1.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Our best attempts came with me on my Shaman...which kind of sucks, I'd rather see the fat dps gain I'd get from the p3 buff on my Priest, but dps didn't seem to be an issue at all. We were getting to p2 before the second set of orbs 90% of the time.

I think our biggest issue was when one of the healers got orbed and were forced to kite, this complicated Wrack dispells pretty bad. It also didn't help us very much that the Druid healer was out dispelling the Disc Priest 3 to 1.

Wrack should go roughly 22-14-6 before dispells right? Basically trying to time the third dispell shortly before fire breath. Is this correct?

The positioning that worked best for us was a line of ranged, about 6 yds apart in p1 raid markers designated the line. Guys that didn't get orbed took a couple steps forward while orbs kited toward the back (away from Sinestra).

P2 whelps were gathered and tanked in the back right corner, being kited across the entrance ramp as they died. Drake was tanked where he landed, and Spitecaller the same.

Ranged and healers grouped up on the second raid marker from the right for p3, with melee on the left side of the main tank. Whelp tank was just to the rear of ranged. This is where shit went haywire most times. Someone would run the slicer through the raid, or dispell at the wrong time, or get whelp aggro making shit even more difficult.

We put in about 25 attempts last night, they were my first 25, and some of the group had put in about 45 or 50.

I don't guess that is too bad, I definitely appreciate the difficulty of the encounter. Although, it is probably easier in 25s. Mad props to Paragon for killing this bitch almost 17 months ago in ilvl 372 gear.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Heck Paragon killed it the first time in there, if you recall there was some DK ability that was messed up and one hit that boss.

but er ya lets not count that, though I doubt blizz reset the lock for them for the week.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
You guys are definitely doing something wrong then, in DS/H DS gear it shouldn't be that hard.... You should have an assigned wrack dispeller, someone on backup.

Bring 3 healers, dps is not an issue. Make sure someone is interrupting the spitecaller.

Those wrack #'s sound right, but it has been months and months... check learn to raid guide, those #s will still be accurate.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

It isn't really that big of a deal, I just so happened to see a guy post it in trade and figured it was the only boss I haven't downed in this expac so I'd give it a whirl.

Gear definitely wasn't an issue, I'm 100% certain it was shitty dispells. One attempt someone linked skada and it was like 14 dispells for the Druid and 3 or so for the Priest...who was supposed to be primary wrack dispeller.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Sounds like it.

We downed her the first time 2 weeks ago, and required some strategy iteration.

-Use 3 healers.
-Dispel first Wrack at around 20 seconds, and future wracks around 15 seconds.
-I dunno if it was just our healing team carrying us (this is common), but we didn't worry TOO much about the fire breaths. Tanks coordinated raid-wide CDs, but the healers were a druid and 2 shamans, so SLT wasn't going to be amazing and I don't recall the druid blowing tranq.

The last phase is still kind of brutal. Remind healers that mana isn't an issue for 3 minutes there, so they should spam their emergency heal. Additionally, whelps wise, we had 2 ranged basically sticking on whelps for the first 3 waves, then we offtanked the 4th set with a tank switch. We managed to kill right before the 5th set showed up, which included 2 DPS dying around 20%.