spc
uniqs

rbnice1
join:2000-12-16
Imperial, MO

rbnice1 to Msradell

to Msradell

Re: New home build framing question.

How should the anchor bolt notch been done? I didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

Also the anchor bolts are spaced pretty evenly I would have to measure but they are like every 3 foot.

Will have to buy a long level all my tools are in a pod storage. And will watch the walls to make sure they are placed over joists and not in between them.

I will also have to see if I can get them to email me a copy of the blueprints.

Thanks again guys!
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

Isn't this the sort of oversight that the General Contractor should be doing? (Or are you acting as the General Contractor?)

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma to rbnice1

Premium Member

to rbnice1
said by rbnice1:

How should the anchor bolt notch been done? I didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

Also the anchor bolts are spaced pretty evenly I would have to measure but they are like every 3 foot.

Who ever poured the foundation screwed up with the placement of the anchor bolt that needed the notch in the band board.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to rbnice1

Premium Member

to rbnice1
said by rbnice1:

The anchor bolts should be put inside of the joist caps. They hold the sill plate down. It's obvious that the concrete crew put them in the wrong place. I don't see any other ones that required notching in your pictures, are there? This could become a major problem in the long run. Not only is mentioned by others could lead to the deterioration of the member but it's also a hole in the envelope of the structure that could affect air infiltration if not properly sealed.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to Coma

MVM

to Coma
said by Coma:

Who ever poured the foundation screwed up with the placement of the anchor bolt that needed the notch in the band board.

It's nothing a saws-all, 1/2 masonry bit, threaded rod and some epoxy wouldn't fix. Properly.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

said by cdru:

said by Coma:

It's nothing a saws-all, 1/2 masonry bit, threaded rod and some epoxy wouldn't fix. Properly.

+1