spc
uniqs
Dingaan
join:2002-02-19
Bath, ON

Dingaan to Waiting

to Waiting

Re: [Eastern Ontario] Email malfunctioning

Some improvement in that some accounts connected and some emails came through. But it is hit or miss - still will get say 3 of 5 accounts giving error messages as all accounts are synced. Sometimes can get one of those with an error to sync if I sync it by itself.

It would be good if someone from Cogeco could explain this. This is as bad as the BB outage that occurred a while back. Surely there should be backup systems that avoid this type of fiasco?

BTW - I am retired and most emails are not that important or time sensitive. But when I was working, this email crash would have been a disaster for me. Feel for those using Cogeco for business.

Blinkins
@cgocable.net

Blinkins

Anon

They just put more info on Facebook page - we're still only receiving msgs for 1 account though:

»www.facebook.com/Cogeco
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by Blinkins :

They just put more info on Facebook page - we're still only receiving msgs for 1 account though:

»www.facebook.com/Cogeco

From the facebook page:

" Situation update as of Tuesday, August 28 9 a.m.

The issue we experienced with our email service has been resolved early Tuesday morning. We want to reassure our customers that the problem did not cause any loss of email. Information security and privacy was not affected. The majority of pending emails have now been delivered to our customers and the remaining backlog emails will be delivered wi...thin the next 4 hours.

The time to restore full service was also driven by the procedures we followed to ensure that no loss of data occurred and that the security and privacy of our services had not been affected.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we thank you again for your patience and understanding."

Yet I still cannot use several of my accounts.
cablesmurfet
join:2012-05-28
Burlington, ON

cablesmurfet

Mine is still down too. It is 9:44am on Tuesday August 28th. I got thte server 503 unavailable message on webmail and a mail delivery error on Outlook.

brian5
@cgocable.net

brian5 to Blinkins

Anon

to Blinkins
said by Blinkins :

»www.facebook.com/Cogeco

So that's where I have to find out about it..... the CIA database