reply to knowble

Re: Patch!

.....and delayed another hour.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to kingdome74
You need a reason to drink?

I generally pour a cold one from the tap everyday when I get home, head to the basement and watch whatever is semi-decent on TV, hoping I can get at least 30 minutes before someone bugs me.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Feramors
said by Feramors:

.....and delayed another hour.

Looks like my 7 est prediction might come true.

bTU - I don't need a reason but I like to see if I can come up with one
--
If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans - Woody Allen

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to kingdome74
said by kingdome74:

And we're extended to 5 EST now. I'm shocked!

Good. Blizzard in their brilliance doesn't allow you to tell it what to store downloads so it puts them on the install drive. Even with an 80GB drive they want over half. I have to move the entire WoW directory off before I can attempt to patch. Since I can't get the additional 5GB free that they want. (I had 8GB free when I launched).
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

Draakas
My YOLO has so much SWAG

join:2010-02-19

1 edit
reply to knowble
Mine says "Your installation of WoW must be optimized before you can play. This processes takes 15-60 minutes and shoud not be canceled once it begins, do you wish to proceed?"

I hit yes and

The folder you have needs to be changed or something like that.

Id very much appreciate some help ;(

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
Syracuse, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Kilroy
said by Kilroy:

said by kingdome74:

And we're extended to 5 EST now. I'm shocked!

Good. Blizzard in their brilliance doesn't allow you to tell it what to store downloads so it puts them on the install drive. Even with an 80GB drive they want over half. I have to move the entire WoW directory off before I can attempt to patch. Since I can't get the additional 5GB free that they want. (I had 8GB free when I launched).

Ugg... I've had to do that and it sucks. I've now got my WoW on a 120GB SSD with Win 7 being the only other thing and I'm already down to 40 BG free.

OK, Bliz should give us an achievement if we can beat the damn dragon layout twice in Mahjong Titans while we wait.
--
If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans - Woody Allen

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Draakas
said by Draakas:

Mine says "Your installation of WoW must be optimized before you can play. This processes takes 15-60 minutes and shoud not be canceled once it begins, do you wish to proceed?"

I hit yes and

The folder you have needs to be changed or something like that.

Id very much appreciate some help ;(

The folder you selected cannot be used.

Please select a different folder.This error generally occurs when the game is installed on a hard drive using the drive letters A:\ or B:\. Try changing the drive letter to any other letter D – Z.

More help here: »us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6412103544
--
McBrain#1558 - Barbarian/Monk

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

Draakas
My YOLO has so much SWAG

join:2010-02-19
Ty, /love. I got it fixed.;D

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
reply to knowble
I think servers may be up now, I got to the character selection screen and have been waiting for about 5 min for it to load.

Ohh wait there it goes! I'm in!

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
Syracuse, NY
reply to knowble
Well, here goes nothing!

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
reply to knowble
I didn;t seem to get any of the achievs or mounts from my old EU account except for Mr Chilli.

On the plus side I did get my MoP delux edition mount and pet already. Not that I can figure out how summon companions.

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
Make sure you log in and out with all your toons. Once you do that, everything should populate.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
Syracuse, NY
reply to knowble
For those who used the bartender mod theres an update at curse and it works hot damn.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
I'm hoping all my addons work after patch. I redid my UI a few weeks back into what I hope are still active mods.

Today is my grand test.

Speaking of mods, anyone know a good quest tracker replacement? Or well, mover? I used to use SexyMap's movers, but they basically said "this gets all screwy if you use it, leading to the infamous boss health frame problem, so we're disabling it".

I suppose MoveAnything works, but that thing was tedious to use and I'd prefer a drag approach.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
Syracuse, NY
reply to knowble
Just a last thought - keep going back to Curse because there's been a few updates since the patch dropped not the least of which is Gatherer.

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB
reply to knowble
Remember 4.0 when mastery came out in wrath? This is just like that!

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
reply to kingdome74
Gathermate2, it's just better.

Mr Fel
Premium
join:2008-03-17
Louisville, KY
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Nick D
Surprisingly, all of my "must have" addons are already back up and working right now. Only one I was really worried about was Carbonite, the developers haven't done much of anything for it this year other than a minor 4.3.x bump. A fan fix came through for it tonight, just worried the developers might tell the fixer to stop and leave the addon to rot. BTW Carbonite is the best quest tracker replacement I've found, and it does a whole lot more. I'm not sure if you mean replace the entire blizz made one or just move the blizz made one elsewhere (Carbonite is the former).
--
Change the scheme, alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

Chuck_IV

join:2003-11-18
Connecticut
reply to knowble
I have 2 major addons that still don't work... Titan Panel(doesn't even load) and Carbonite(LUA spam). So for the moment, I'm using Bartender's micro menu and bag bar, along with Chinchilla Mini map until they get updated.

Finding a working Healbot was a bit of a chore. I had to grab a user edited version from a thread at the Healbot forums. The current Beta 3 spams LUA errors.

At this point tho, beyond the addon issues, I am very disgusted at some of the changes to a couple classes I have been playing(Priest and Druid), nevermind the fact I feel like the Talent trees are designed for preschoolers now.

Watermasta

join:2012-06-15
Quantico, VA
said by Chuck_IV:

At this point tho, beyond the addon issues, I am very disgusted at some of the changes to a couple classes I have been playing(Priest and Druid), nevermind the fact I feel like the Talent trees are designed for preschoolers now.

Please explain. I'm still attempting to get back my old account from a friend i sold it to. I refuse to start over lol.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
Syracuse, NY

1 recommendation

reply to Chuck_IV
Titan Panel updated this morning.

DrPoop

join:2012-07-31
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

I don't care if you bash wow just stop talking about GW2.

A BoA bank would be nice and I don't care if some other game has something similar.

I was going to make a WOW GW2 comparison until I read your stop talking about GW2 standing order... I wouldn't want to anger someone with such an obvious lack of social skills. Maybe connection with others going through the same thing will help you feel accepted and comfortable with who you are. Only then will you stop felling the need to be an ass in online forums. Just saying.

www.alphalead.org/'
www.experienceproject.com/groups···s/205688'

knowble

join:2012-07-30
Newport News, VA
What is with the hatred?

Let us keep it professional, everyone.

Chuck_IV

join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

1 edit
reply to Watermasta
said by Watermasta:

said by Chuck_IV:

Please explain. I'm still attempting to get back my old account from a friend i sold it to. I refuse to start over lol.

My two complaints are that the separated Feral tanking from Feral DPS on the druid(so the druid has 4 spec line choices compared to 3 for other classes) and on my priest, they took away a couple base damage spells that were usable in all spec lines and dropped them into shadow only.

Keep in mind, I am leveling these guys, they are not 85s. I particularly don't like the Druid Feral separation. Prior, leveling was nice to run a Feral spec and be able to either DPS or Tank depending on what is needed for a run or dual spec over to a healer if needed. Now you are forced to chose to be EITHER a tank or a DPS(unless you dual spec both, then no healing possibilities).

Oh and I also hate that now it's EITHER a wand or weapon and not both( I hear the same goes for Hunter with weapons and bows).

Watermasta

join:2012-06-15
Quantico, VA
I think the reason behind that is because they are thinking purely endgame. I seems blizzard's doesn't concern themselves with how changes affect leveling. Endgame bear tanks and dps want specific dps/tank talents. I never like losing spells, the wider aray of spells you have the more effective you can be.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
I left the launcher "downloading" over night and it started with the "Downloading updated tools" crap when I woke op this morning the launcher was closed with no error message, checked firewall settings even added it to the "ok" list to no avail.

Will give another try tonight.

Maybe this is a signal from heaven.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Watermasta
said by Watermasta:

I think the reason behind that is because they are thinking purely endgame. I seems blizzard's doesn't concern themselves with how changes affect leveling. Endgame bear tanks and dps want specific dps/tank talents. I never like losing spells, the wider aray of spells you have the more effective you can be.

Ya

right now my mana regen as a MAGE is insane
I'm not dropping mana unless there's a mana drain effect (mana void/blue slime) and even then I can still fully DPS as I regen so fast the loss is nothing.

I bet at 90 that won't be the case.

azinator
CS is the DEVIL
Premium
join:2000-08-12
New Boston, TX
kudos:1
I did notice that Intellect has no role on mana pool now....just spellpower and spell crit. Might be why my mana pool went down to 100,000 even.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to saillaw
said by saillaw:

On the plus side I did get my MoP delux edition mount and pet already. Not that I can figure out how summon companions.

SHIFT+P is the default. The first time I accessed it on a couple of toons it was black. Close it down and open it back up if that happens.
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

Mr Fel
Premium
join:2008-03-17
Louisville, KY
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Chuck_IV
They have updated Titan Panel »www.curse.com/addons/wow/titan-panel and Carbonite received a fan update »virtxchange.com/carbonite/ the authors have more or less abandoned according to the talk in official support forum »www.wowinterface.com/forums/show···3&page=1. Grabbed both of these last night and been back to 90% - 95% operational on my addons again (mainly just atlasloot and mogit throwing a bunch of errors). One note though, I grabbed the original fix of Carbonite, the newest update has an error when abandoning quests, I can e-mail you my copy of the fix if you want until the fix is fixed.
--
Change the scheme, alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.