spc
uniqs

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix

Re: The end to not so great era is today!

said by DarkLogix:

Ya anyone can toss 7 selections and have a usable spec.

It's honestly not any different now...if I put 41 points in one tree my spec would be usable...it's kind of the whole purpose of making someone spend 31 before they can dip into another one.

But, if you're serious about raiding, you'll not only do the research to find the 'best' spec, you'll understand why it is the 'best'. In the link I posted for you above, about 3% separates the 'best' Shadow spec from the 'worst' Shadow spec in an Ultraxion style fight (Defined by SimCraft as an encounter where substantial time is spent casting, periodically interrupted by small amounts of time not casting.). Three percent doesn't seem like a lot, does it? But lets say your 10 man raid group is trying to progress through t14 content for realm first kills...In fight A, an Ultraxion style encounter, everyone is using the 'worst' build for their respective class/spec, resulting in 285,932,360 damage or 781,236 raid damage per second...this attempt is a wipe, and your raid leader tells everyone to do some research and make improvements. Your group comes back the next night respec'ed and ready to go. Through research, the dps in your group all discover their 'best' build...which, on paper, is 3% better than the previous. That 3% translates into 294,775,629 damage, 805,398 raid dps, and ultimately, purple pixels for a couple of people. Incase you're bad with math, that's almost 9 million more damage.

You take your 6 or 7 guys that "toss 7 selections and have a usable spec", I'll take my 6 or 7 guys that chose the spec that yeilds the best results, and let's see who is more successful.

And don't argue the fact that you aren't serious about raiding. A simple forum search will prove that you are.

As a matter of fact, most of us on here would have a hard time convincing our bosses that we are more serious about our jobs than WoW, based on the amount of time we spend on this site.

knowble
join:2012-07-30
Newport News, VA

knowble

+1000

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

And don't argue the fact that you aren't serious about raiding. A simple forum search will prove that you are.

Don't tell me what to argue.

And If I was really serious about raiding then wow would win the Wow VS Gym war.

And I'd join a differant guild, seems I have a few friends that are in the #1 guild on my server and there's an open invite for me, but I'd have to let WoW win over the Gym and be home sooner.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Taking something seriously doesn't necessarily mean you have to dedicate every waking hour to it. Trust me, there is plenty of time in the day to be serious about raiding and to accomplish whatever else it is that you would like to do. Dare I say, millions juggle real life and "hardcore" raiding...it is possible.

The point of this ridiculous argument is that the revamped talent trees absolutely do not prevent a player from choosing from several different builds that are reasonably competitive. However, there is, and always will be a 'good', 'better', and 'best' way to do things.

The 'good' will never equal the potential of the 'better' or 'best', and the players who realize and understand this will be getting realm/server/world first achievements. The players who don't...well, won't.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Blizz is making it more about the player then the class.

So the ones getting those firsts will be the ones that have a dedicated crew of good players. The "ideal" builds will be on sites but the ideal build might not be ideal for the person's play style or for the group's comp/style.

Ya bring the player not the class but it's moving toward making the class less important and losing some of what makes one class more interesting to play over another.

As for "taking something seriously" I've accepted that unless I alter the time I get home I won't be able to run with a truly serious group.

Though I might gquit because my current guild isn't planning to raid MoP riads for atleast a month and by then T14.5 might be about to be out.

And I'm fairly sure that the #1 guild won't be accepting pugs into their runs for some time after MoP hits while they get the server firsts.