miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit

Beep on delete ??

All of a sudden today, I started getting a beep when deleting programs. It happens whether alerts are enabled or not. I don't even think the DVR reset itself. Is this something new, or am I the only one who never noticed this?

EDIT: skip these next two "meatballs" they're stuck in the kitchen. Anyone notice this issue before
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

MeatChicken

join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ

It means the Router needs an oil change.
Use only Olive or Canola.

skohly

join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to miataman

said by miataman:

All of a sudden today, I started getting a beep when deleting programs. It happens whether alerts are enabled or not. I don't even think the DVR reset itself. Is this something new, or am I the only one who never noticed this?

Is that Extra Virgin Olive?

FIOS4cable

join:2009-05-08
NYC
reply to miataman

I also notice this last night.

miataman

Chelmsford, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by FIOS4cable:

I also noticed this last night.

Thanks for the reply. I've also noticed it beeps on a "cancel recording" action.
--

FIOS4cable

NYC

No problem

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
reply to miataman

I just deleted two shows and I didn't hear any beeps.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

keyboards

join:2001-02-14
Doylestown, PA

No beeps here in Doylestown (VHO8). Maybe R2-D2 invaded some boxes
--
REMEMBER: Stupidity should be painful !!

johnf2
VHO8
Premium
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

Beeps are here in Feasterville (VHO8) when I delete programs and they are too loud!

johnf2
--
VHO8

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
reply to miataman

Does it beep through the DVR or through the TV(or surround sound) speakers?

HenryFarpolo
Premium
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

said by kes601:

Does it beep through the DVR or through the TV(or surround sound) speakers?

The beep is through the TV or surround speakers. The beep is for changes within the DVR menu. Deleting shows, deleting history, removing shows from series etc. It is positive feedback for an action taken. I like it!!

You can enable or disable the beeps in the settings menu under "audio alerts".

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

said by HenryFarpolo See Profile

Seems like such a useless feature. I can't think of any reason why I (or anyone) would need an audible confirmation of a program being deleted.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

said by Mac973:

said by HenryFarpolo See Profile

Seems like such a useless feature. I can't think of any reason why I (or anyone) would need an audible confirmation of a program being deleted.

The beep also alerts yout to program reminders and other things requiring user interaction, like two scheduled recordings about to begin while watching a third. I find this audio prompt useful since occasionally I'm not watching the TV (but listening with my back turned doing something else).

miataman

Chelmsford, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by PJL:

The beep also alerts you to program reminders and other things requiring user interaction, like two scheduled recordings about to begin while watching a third. I find this audio prompt useful since occasionally I'm not watching the TV (but listening with my back turned doing something else).

..ahhh Beeps for reminders. Now that is very useful. I just wonder why all this just started working overnight?
--

FIOS4cable

NYC
reply to miataman

Here are the option to turn thr beep off.
Click menu then settings .then click audio then scroll down to Audio alert there you could click on or off

kerrydeare

join:2012-08-29
Trenton, NJ
reply to HenryFarpolo

Same result in Bordentown NJ. Seems to have begun about a week ago. Have not tried the "audio alert disable" just yet. There was surely a firmware change somewhere along the line, no?

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by kerrydeare:

Same result in Bordentown NJ. Seems to have begun about a week ago. Have not tried the "audio alert disable" just yet. There was surely a firmware change somewhere along the line, no?

No.

SRF26

join:2000-04-03
Jamaica, NY

If you are using the audio alert, you need to check this thread:
»5.1 Audio no longer shows on some channels

Regards....JL

miataman

Chelmsford, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by SRF26:

If you are using the audio alert, you need to check this thread:
»5.1 Audio no longer shows on some channels
Regards....JL

Wow.... Major fail in the "acceptance testing" side. Hate to be that guy. (assuming VZ actually tests these things beforehand).
--

miataman

Chelmsford, MA
reply to miataman

Am I missing something, or has VZ disabled the "audio alerts" feature once again?
--

SRF26

join:2000-04-03
Jamaica, NY

1 edit

said by miataman:

Am I missing something, or has VZ disabled the "audio alerts" feature once again?

The audio alerts are disrupting the Digital Dobly signal to our AVRs so we have intentionally disabled them. We prefer to have the DD signal than the beeps. I don't know if Verizon even knows or cares about the issue. No one ever mentioned that Verzion deactivated this feature.

Regards...JL

HenryFarpolo
Premium
Andover, MA
reply to miataman

It's working here a few miles from you.

sbernstein5

join:2005-01-18
10024-5650
reply to miataman

Thanks to (I guess) our complaints...this new "feature" has been removed as mysteriously as it was added. I actually liked the alert sound when a message came up, so left it enabled...and it has stopped working just as subtly as it started working.

miataman

Chelmsford, MA

yeah, I was just getting used to beep reminders. It's most likely been re-disabled because of it's effects on 5.1 Audio, etc....
--

HenryFarpolo
Premium
Andover, MA

If it has been disabled, they missed my house!!

It is working here.

miataman

Chelmsford, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by HenryFarpolo:

If it has been disabled, they missed my house!! It is working here.

Interesting. What boxes are you saying it's working on?
I've done both soft + hard resets, and there is no audio alert on any function.. I know we're in the same DAC / VHO..
--

HenryFarpolo
Premium
Andover, MA

Interesting.... I have two 7232's. On one alerts are disabled because I was having the 5.1 issue. On the other, alerts are not disabled and as of two minutes ago the feature is working.

I just re-enabled alerts on the box with the 5.1 surround and the alerts that were working yesterday are not working now. Like you Miata, the reset does not work.

My guess is that the feature has been removed. If I do a reset on the box where it is working, I will lose the feature.