how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Heavydigits

@telus.com

Bb50 in calgary

Can everybody please post speed test results in Calgary for bb50

We used to receive 5mb upload but now only 3.

Has anybody else noticed the same? Shaw is trying to beat it into my brain that Calgary has only ever received 3 upload for bb50. I clearly know this is untrue in my community of Westgate.

stolen

join:2004-04-12
Calgary, AB
kudos:2

I'm on "warp" so I've only ever received 3. Maybe that's where they're confused.
According to Shaw's own website, if you're on BB50, you should be receiving 5Mb/s upload.
»shaw.ca/Internet/Broadband-50/
(location set to Calgary).
Maybe get ShawSean to check your account and make sure it's good.

RandalIT

join:2012-07-26
Calgary, AB
reply to Heavydigits

I have BB50 and still receive 3Mbps up, even though the website sasy 5. Last time I talked to Shaw they said it depends on your community and if the upgrades have been complete as to whether you are getting 3 or 5.

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB
reply to Heavydigits

May I suggest downgrading to 25Mb until the upgrades are complete?

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to Heavydigits

My brother in Strathmore, still considered a Calgary node... Has 50/5 on his residental account.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

Heavydigits

@74.198.150.x
reply to rustydusty

You may, and I will. I'm just dissapointed I was receiving 5 up but am now capped at 3. Wondering if it's city wide or just my node.

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB
reply to Heavydigits

Who knows why they bumped it back. Could of noticed the network was struggling without the upgrades fully completed and decided to bump it back until everything is complete? Only a higher up Shaw exec could really tell you.

Heavydigits

@telus.com
reply to Heavydigits

Thanks for all the replys. Can we keep posting results! I'm happy to hear ppl are still getting what's advertised. Wish I could my account sorted out

Heavyd18t

join:2012-08-12
reply to rustydusty

Fully understood.