Time to learn how to root your phone and load a custom ROM
»mobilesyrup.com/2012/08/27/bell-···ith-ics/

PierJes

join:2001-04-17
Quebec, QC

said by JCohen:

Time to learn how to root your phone and load a custom ROM
»mobilesyrup.com/2012/08/27/bell-···ith-ics/

I'm not very good nor lucky in those kind of things.
Something always go wrong and I end up with a defective device.

But I've learned my lesson.
No more HTC.
Nothing from Bell.

glussier

join:2002-11-12
Montreal, QC

2 edits

The problem is not htc, it's Bell. Ics was already released non carrier lock htc Incredible s and for some carrier locked in Europe and Asian countries.

The real problem here, is that Bell want's us tu purchase new phones.

Edited for the following comment

I have been running the stock ics rom on my Incs for the best part of the summer. I'm planning on rolling back to Gingerbread. Ics is a little too heavy for a 1ghz single core arm processor with only 768MB of ram.

glussier

Montreal, QC

The INCS Canadian NAM (Canada) ICS upgrade, is now available from the htcdev website. Forget about a Bell release, but if you want the stock ICS upgrade without s-offing and routing your phone, you can get-it from »htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads.

The only thing you'll be lacking, is the Bell bloatware. But, if you want part or all of that bloatware, it is available on the Google play store.

glussier

Montreal, QC
reply to glussier

The INCS Canadian NAM (Canada) ICS upgrade, is now available from the htcdev website. Forget about a Bell release, but if you want the stock ICS upgrade without s-offing and routing your phone, you can get-it from »htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads.

The only thing you'll be lacking, is the Bell bloatware. But, if you want part or all of that bloatware, it is available on the Google play store.

BTW, this is a stock non routed and no s-off upgrade, so, if your device is still under warranty, you shouldn't lose-it.