andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to joejoejeo

MVM

to joejoejeo

Re: iGuide A30`

If they are going to stream video from the box to a remote device, that must mean they are going to enable the DOCSIS modem? I don't see any other way for them to do that.
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

3 edits

joejoejeo

Re: iGuide A30

i dont think so. When you enable remote DVR function that enables all the recording and series and scheduled recordings to be shown and streaming will be enabled. The completed recorded are uploaded to a server and then tagged to your account so you can play them back online.
slaws4
join:2007-07-26

slaws4

I have these new features on my Motorola boxes here in Ft Wayne and I am not an employee. The zoom feature is kinda cool.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

2 edits

joejoejeo

ok checking to see how i can get it
joejoejeo

1 edit

joejoejeo to slaws4

to slaws4
you are one of the trial participants (thats not true. i called comcast and the automated massage says that the guide has been updated in your area)
Can you post a reply and tell us your review of A30 and tell us what features and such that i have not listed that you noticed is new
slaws4
join:2007-07-26

slaws4

The only things I have noticed so far:

The zoom feature goes from normal, to expand, to stretch, to zoom, then back to normal.

When you type in the station numbers there is a black box with the number and station I'd below it. So when you type in 1, on D is displayed below the number. When you continue with a 133 number, on D is displayed then WFFT, my channel 13, then TNICK, the final 133 display. Kinda cool.

There is no difference in guide size. It is still 4:3

The caller ID displays a new look. Hard to explain the look but it is new.

I have not tried to watch a DVR'd program on my computer yet.

That is what I have noticed so far.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

thanks just post if you have found any more fixes/features
tbare54
join:2008-07-28
Fort Wayne, IN

tbare54

I to have the new a30 in Fort Wayne, on my main box, DCX3501 the hd zoom feature does not work, but on my secondary box, DCX3200 the hdzoom feature does work.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

2 edits

joejoejeo

what is the version number of A30?
and what is the VOD Version
and the MACGclnt (ITV Engine) Version
if you can get that info
tbare54
Fort Wayne, IN

tbare54

s/w:80.47-a30.1205.r-25
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

can you check the other versions of the software and the platform build date
here are the steps
said by »en.wikibooks.org/w/index ··· stable=0 :
Turn off the box (press POWER on the remote).
Immediately press OK/SELECT. Press it again if the display (black text on white background) does not come up within a second.
DOWN ARROW to "d08 CODE MODULES" and press OK/SELECT.

The firmware version and build date are listed at the top, e.g., "Platform Built: Version: 16.20 Sep 1 2011 15:06:09".
In the middle of the page, there is an "Object" column and a "Ver" column that lists your firmware and software versions, e.g.,
Firmware: TC_OS_ED 16.20
IPG Software: Tv_Guide 74.53
VOD Software: A231_VOD 23.45

tbare54
Fort Wayne, IN

tbare54

platform built: version: 24.58
tv_guide 80.47 mar 22 2012

macgclnt 34.58 enabled 08c5 2

scvastb_7.03

023_ir_c 24.58

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

also in a future update Comcast could enable startover/lookback features that TWC has on iGuide A30 unless these are limited to iGuide R29 which is a special release.

I noticed that the zoom feature works on iGuide R29 as well so that has been active before A30 but in very limited release as Time Warner Cable released iGuide R29 in only LA and Dallas markets I believe unless they have gotten it to their entire motorola footprint with boxes that run iGuide.

Also closed captioning in the guide was enabled with R29 as well.

You can only display black background and white text or white text only when using closed captioning through the iGuide setup menu. The fancy closed captioning options are still setup through the power down and pressing menu one time setup menu.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

R29 was a special release for Time Warner Cable and the features are new to Comcast customers.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by joejoejeo:

R29 was a special release for Time Warner Cable and the features are new to Comcast customers.

the only real benefits I see with R29 is it seems that to have improved Startover/Lookback handling as TWC seems to have need it for some reason and A28 did not work out too well for the startover/lookback features. Also R29 is basically the introduction of Lookback, Startover, Caller ID on TV, and Possibly remote DVR for TWC customers and adds features in the last two iGuide A28 updates.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to joejoejeo

MVM

to joejoejeo
Yeah R for "RoadRunner" I guess...

I wonder why they didn't change the look of it at all? Verizon changed the look of the Fios Guide, Dish Network's Hopper and Joey are tweaked versions of the 922 HD guide look, and of course DirecTV updated their look to a new HD guide a year ago.

I'll never go to cable as long as the UI looks like Windows 1.0.