spc
Search similar:

uniqs
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

1 recommendation

zod5000

Caps artificially lower average usage statistics.

Would average usage be as low if there were no caps? A year from now I'm guessing the average used on the unlimited providers will be higher than the capped providers.

My current usage habits have me looking for free wifi in a lot of places. I only get 1gb a month. I have to be careful how much video I used on the plan. I only run updates from a wifi connection.

If I were on an unlimited plan, I really wouldn't put so much effort into watching my consumption and looking for free wifi hotpsots.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

Sprint 3G Data Unlimited 1,160,577 --
Sprint 3G Data Roaming Unlimited 1,400 --
Sprint 4G Data Unlimited 14,188 --

Sprint 3G Data - 07/25 to 07/25 Unlimited 9,611 --
Sprint 3G Data Unlimited 1,392,082 --
Sprint 3G Data Roaming Unlimited 151,186 --
Sprint 4G Data Unlimited 0 --

I'm always under 2gb but look at June and July... It has consistently gone up since the beginning of the year. I suspect that happens as you find more things to do with your phone. So at this rate I will be over 2gigs by the end of the year and I suppose i'm not the only one and I know for sure I don't want to have to babysit something I pay alot of money for already. I overpay for unlimited everything so I don't have to worry about it.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to zod5000

Premium Member

to zod5000
said by zod5000:

Would average usage be as low if there were no caps?

Yes, It is low even on Sprint, which has unlimited data thru the whole measured period and before.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to zod5000

to zod5000
I have a Mifi and hotspot on my phone and I am lucky enough to not have to worry about the bill (or going over) on either. That being said I think I've hit about 1gig on both devices since the last billing period.

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac to zod5000

to zod5000
I have a grandfathered unlimitted plan from AT&T and I pretty much never exceed 1 GB on my iPhone (sometimes makes me wonder why I hold on to it). My iPad 2 has a 2 GB and when I first got it I tried my hardest to make sure I used all 2 GB every month, but that wasn't as easy as it seems (even streaming Netflix). I normally don't exceed 1 GB on that either.

The primary reason for this that WiFi is available in most places I go (work, home, friends, etc) and I don't use public transportation for commuting.