Premium
join:2004-06-29
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Cincinnati Bell
·ViaTalk

Partial Network Outage

Seems Viatalk has partial outage. Just got this email about 4:30PM

ViaTalk is currently experiencing a network attack at one of our data centers which is affecting a portion of our network. Engineers are diligently working to resolve this matter, and updates will be posted as they become available.

Think I am on megatron server no issues.

wallyj123

@verizon.net

Still Down as of 5:30 p EST

patcat

join:2002-04-10
Georgetown, MA

Down in 978 North of Boston

squirrel21

join:2007-03-12
New Port Richey, FL
reply to dcurrey

Down from Tampa Bay area, Florida ad of 18:05 EDT. There were 116 callers waiting in the service queue. Left my cell as a call back. No notifications on their front wev pages which would be nice if they could do so!

ELP VoIP

join:2012-08-28
El Paso, TX
reply to dcurrey

Down in El Paso, TX since 2:15 pm.

I called ViaTalk and was the 122nd person in line to speak with tech support - but didn't know why. I found this forum as I tried to figure out what was going on. Thanks to everyone for the great postings.

patcat

join:2002-04-10
Georgetown, MA

Back up in Georgetown MA

crybaby3501

@comcast.net
reply to squirrel21

I was down in Sunrise,Florida also from about 4:30 to about 6:30 and cost me about an hour of cell minutes.

squirrel21

join:2007-03-12
New Port Richey, FL
reply to dcurrey

Back up in Tampa Bay area as of 20:05 EDT, but only after power cycling the Linksys PAP box.

El Paso

@rr.com
reply to wallyj123

Still down in my area. 3:52 MDT

k2rj
Premium
join:2005-03-24
Cape Canaveral, FL
reply to dcurrey

Never lost service in Cape Canaveral.

v35_pilot
Whoops, there goes another AMU
Premium
join:2005-12-12
Fayetteville, NY

1 edit
reply to dcurrey

Was not affected yesterday (Tuesday) when then email indicating a partial outage was sent, had service up through this morning (Eastern US time), but I am now without service.

Tried swapping between East and Central servers on the control panel, but to no avail. Will try farther servers to see if any luck before opening a ticket.

EDIT: Service auto-magically resumed just as I was next in the queue for support. Only one other waiting for support, so it must have been a localized hiccup.

bryank

join:2000-03-23
Plainfield, IL
reply to dcurrey

Click for full size
I was up yesterday until at least 5pm...not sure when we lost service but nothing but dead air today. Changed servers from Midwest to east to central to west (with reboots of adapter each time) and nothing. Looking in the PAP adapter is says 'Cant connect to login server'. Ticket into support has yet to be resolved...

DaveDude
No Fear

join:1999-09-01
New Jersey
kudos:1
reply to dcurrey

i wonder how many this is for the quarter. Can you dial 800 numbers yet ?

bryank

Plainfield, IL
reply to dcurrey

While they were able to get my adapter online, I can now only receive calls and cannot make any outgoing calls. They gave up on trying to support me through the ticket system and they want me to call support M-F 10am-6pm EST, but problem is I am working 14 hour days which do not line up with their support hours. So I may not be able to make calls from my land line for sometime...

bryank

Plainfield, IL
reply to dcurrey

What a bunch of crap...my adapter is offline again for even receiving calls (which is all it was able to do). I finally have an off day tomorrow and we'll see what live tech support will bring. I may have to end my 6 year run with ViaTalk.

bryank

Plainfield, IL
reply to dcurrey

Well after the first guy hanging up on me, the 2nd ViaTalk support member got me back online with me receiving and placing calls. Yay!

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
kudos:1

Any indication of what had to be done?

bryank

Plainfield, IL
reply to dcurrey

It was all on their end. He was changing settings in the adapter and having me reboot. After about 3 attempts, he finally got the correct settings and it was all good.