dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« What about Wifi
This is a sub-selection from I don't use 2gb.

coldmoon
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
Fulton, NY

coldmoon to silbaco

Premium Member

to silbaco

Re: I don't use 2gb.

said by silbaco:

said by whiteshp:

Internet is a utility. For many of us it is how we work, shop, and keep in contact with our families. With tech advances you could say telephone is as much a utility as is the telegraph to make the internet a luxury vs a utility. With the shutting down of DSL in many places there is no more choice but just wireless and they know it. You pay their unreasonable fee because you lose your job/contacts if you don't. Nothing is to high for monopolies charge and politics will never set limits to massive gouging as long as they always get a "cut" in political donations.

Internet is a utility. Internet on your phone is a luxury. There are other ways to communicate with your family. There are other ways to shop. And there is wifi for work and when there isn't, 9/10 work provides you the phone with internet.

I have never needed internet on my personal phone outside of a wifi area one single time. And I don't know a single person who has.

You, and those you know don't get out much then. Do you have to travel for your job? And if yes, do you have to go into areas without wifi available?
Crookshanks
join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Crookshanks

said by coldmoon:

You, and those you know don't get out much then. Do you have to travel for your job? And if yes, do you have to go into areas without wifi available?

Work should be paying for your cellular data service in this instance.

If they don't, well, decide if it's worth paying for. Weigh the cost of the cellular data connection against the inconvenience of being unplugged for a few hours while you're away from the hotel room.

One wonders how we managed to survive before the days of 24/7/365 connectivity.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to coldmoon

Premium Member

to coldmoon
My personal phone. I do not need to use data on my personal phone for my job.
« What about Wifi
This is a sub-selection from I don't use 2gb.