spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

h8rogers

join:2009-11-04

Anyone having wireless speed issues recently?

Is anyone having issues when using the wifi that comes with the rogers modems? I started having issues about 3 days ago. When I do a speedtest I get about 1.44Mbps whereas I used to get 23Mbps before at the same distance away from the router.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
Hey There. It is critically important to post the exact make/model of the modem/gateway you are referring to when making an inquiry here. All Rogers modems/routers/gateways are not created equal.....

h8rogers

Currently using the Hitron Technologies modem from rogers.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON
Where in your home was the Hitron cable modem installed and describe any obstacles in close proximity.

h8rogers

installed on the first floor. line of sight from modem to PC. maybe 10 ft away. no obstacles other than a chair.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
just throwing this out there. you don't suppose somebody is piggybacking your WiFi from next door etc?

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

1 edit
reply to h8rogers
said by h8rogers:

installed on the first floor. line of sight from modem to PC. maybe 10 ft away. no obstacles other than a chair.

When doing the speed tests are you using a laptop or desktop or smartphone and which operating system --- Apple IOS, Windows, or Android ?

If its a Windows PC download INSSIDR install and run and post a picture of the results and we can go from there.

I did a speed test of my wireless network

I am using a CISCO DPC3825 in bridge mode and a Netgear WNDR4500 wireless router that operating as an Access Point utilizing the 5 Ghtz band.

h8rogers

Thanks guys. I managed to get it working normally again. I did a factory reset and set it up again. Seems to have worked. Not sure why, since I tried that earlier and it made no difference.