uniqs
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

[MoP] I feel lost and annoyed

I don't really understand the new talent trees for the various classes. None of my add ons work. Monk has been added to 2 uncompleted classy achievements for my guild.

I don't feel like running 2 monks to 85 before MoP is even released.

My mage and warlock can wear a staff or wand, but not both, my hunter can wear weapons or a bow.

Eventually, I'll start to understand the new talent system and how to work it.

Until then, it's really going to slow our guild leveling. Adding monk to 2 races one of which was almost done, is annoying as heck.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

You pick 1 talent per tier. There are 6 tiers (though the last isn't unlocked until 90). Each tier tends to be around a theme. Pick what you think is most useful.

Any useful spells will be learned automatically at the appropriate level. Trainers are for respeccing/retalenting only.

Wands are the same as main hand weapons now; its just a flavor change, really. Hunters lost their stat stick polearms, but the bows/guns have had massive stat increases to compensate. Use only ranged weapons on the hunter. You can wear polearms if you want because you think they look cool, but then I don't think you can shoot anything.

You can't roll/level monks until Mists is released anyways; its just that systems come first, then content.

Sucks that monks were added to Stay Classy, but I suppose the explanation for that is going to be "well, you had 2 years ... sorry".

Welcome to the Blizzard expansion model. Things have to change at some point; they just to do it all in one go.
bpoff17
join:2009-03-31

bpoff17 to pandora

to pandora
said by pandora:

Until then, it's really going to slow our guild leveling. Adding monk to 2 races one of which was almost done, is annoying as heck.

I think you're going to be VERY surprised at the speed this changes. Daily quests give 60,000 guild activity per quest now. Guild rep is also accrued at 400 rep per turn in for the TB dailies and there is no cap on how much you can earn in a week. So technically, you can get to exalted within a guild in a few days of questing/dailies.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to pandora

to pandora
Check to see if there are updates to the addons you use. I think quite a few have the latest versions ready because they were able to test during Betas.

Edit: Last nite I logged on just to research some glyphs and did not discover any new ones (minor or major), just got some scrolls. I guess they changed/renamed the glyphs but didn't add any new ones?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to pandora

Premium Member

to pandora
Also DBM you need to look for DBM cata

Standard DBM is now MoP
and old raid DBM is Vanilla, BC, Wrath but not Cata

I felt I had to solve this before doing LFR because I didn't like the lack of the timers.

So now I have 4 DMB mods
Old raids
Cata
MoP
And spell timers

so fire up curse client, look for DBM cata mods
then look up any other addons that have been updated, as well as look to see if WoW has disabled some for being old.

Eumaeus
join:2009-12-10
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus to pandora

to pandora
If you haven't tried using the Curse Client for addon management (updating, version checking & downloading), then I highly recommend trying it out.

Yesterday was the first time I'd used the client in lieu of manually downloading my addons and I was surprised just how easy it was.

Now it's just a waiting game for all (or at least most) of the addons to prepare new versions that are MoP-friendly.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive to pandora

Premium Member

to pandora
I'm not one to advertise a particular website but these two helped me last night with WoW.
»www.noxxic.com/wow/
»www.icy-veins.com/

Eumaeus
join:2009-12-10
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus

Icy-Veins was a bit of a lifesaver for me last night also. Several of the talent info posts from icy-veins have been copied onto threads on here yesterday (big thanks from the websense oppressed).

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to pandora

Mod

to pandora
Recommending dbm is like being really excited for the latest version of AOL software.

Big Wigs is still the only half useful mod.
promo0
join:2011-10-25

promo0

said by Mike:

Recommending dbm is like being really excited for the latest version of AOL software.

Really? I like DBM....it's a lifesaver.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
said by Mike:

DBM its the standard, Use it.

there are features that only work between Dbm users.

And while I used to raid with some people that were big on bigwigs, the 2 in the raid that used wigs were the two that failed the most.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
·Verizon FiOS

Mike

Mod

DBM author casually stole code and claimed it as his own. THEN started shit with other authors because of it.

Plus the code he writes himself isn't even really good.

We use Big Wigs because of it. We have a very angry ui mod developer in the guild.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to pandora

to pandora
Because having the "Classy" guild achieve it's so important right now it's priority? I think you are doing it wrong...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

And now you can guild rep grind at super speed.
so just get a few temp members and have them run dungeons till they're counted toward the achev then gkick them and send them a pile of gold.

I bet people will start selling their grinding services.
DarkLogix

1 recommendation

DarkLogix to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
So what, apple copies xerox, MS copies Apple, Steve jobs said good artists steal.

If it gets popular use it so that linked features work properly across raids.

Harddrive
Premium Member
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
said by Mike:

DBM author casually stole code and claimed it as his own. THEN started shit with other authors because of it.

Kinda like Apple did with Sony, Intel, et al.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

1 recommendation

Lothario to pandora

to pandora
Apple.and microsoft stole.most of their stuff from Xerox.

Harddrive
Premium Member
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

'Stole' is such a harsh word. Big business uses 'acquired' nowadays.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Harddrive:

'Stole' is such a harsh word. Big business uses 'acquired' nowadays.

Well if you watch pirates of silicon valley you'll see Steve jobs says something like good artist make great artist steal. (when he "copied" from xerox)

but then got butt hurt when MS did it to him.