I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline to jadinolf

Premium Member

to jadinolf

Re: [Free/Paid] Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.65 Beta

Your welcome, jadinolf See Profile, can't wait for the app to come out of Beta.

Based on the announcement post, assuming there are no bugs seen during the Beta-phase, we should see an updated version soon.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

3 edits

rcdailey

Premium Member

I downloaded and installed it. I could not see any major differences, but have not had it for long. Unfortunately (for me, at least), the little issue for XP users with NOD32 5.x remains. Other than that, it seems fine.

Added: In the Malwarebytes forum (link in the first post), someone commented that it still required a reboot. It did _not_ require a reboot for me, so I'm not sure what happened with that user who has a modern Dell XPS i7 system and not an old XP Pentium 4 dirt truck like mine.

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

The changes are noted in the MBAM forum post, rcdailey See Profile, there may not be visible immediately and some features may only be available in the final.

I am not running the Beta as I can wait for non-Beta software as my PC is business critical.

When the final is released, post a note to Wilders if your ESET issue persists. Perhaps fall back to a 4x build of ESET, you have that option.

Regards,

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

rcdailey

Premium Member

Thanks, I did look at the list and they don't promise the ability to cleanly turn off all MBAM real-time protection via "exit" with the next release, just in the future (I'm assuming that removing the traces would include stopping the MBAM service). Anyway, I'll wait out the issue with Eset 5.x.x for now. It's not as if I spent a fortune for the paid version of MBAM and I can update and run scans manually.
Expand your moderator at work

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline to rcdailey

Premium Member

to rcdailey

Re: [Free/Paid] Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.65 Beta

Your welcome, rcdailey See Profile, we shall see how this pans out with regards to how the two play together.

This will be an interesting development since there are outstanding issues with MBAM Pro and ESET 5x.

ESET & MBAM support as MBAM Beta goes RTM.