Premium Member
join:2002-12-04
Los Angeles, CA

Kaltes to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs

Re: arenanet can suck it

said by stvnbrs:

Name: OK Chat -- Not OK: "GET THE FUCKING CAVERN SCUTTER ENERGIES YOU FUCKASSES."

Name: OK Chat: Not ok -- "leave faggots the griffin is mine fa ggots"

Name: OK Chat -- Not Ok: "This isn't Africa, you don't adopt black kids."

The name's fine. The chat? No so much: Bixx: Get out of here you gag faggot.

Name: OK Chat: Not ok -- "i AM A DOG YOU NIGGER"

You all get the point. Watch what you type or you will not be playing. Sorry if the quotes offend anyone, the funny thing is that the users who posted these things asked to be looked up for why they were banned and everyone saw what they said.

If I cant name myself Adolf Critler and call people fuckasses when they try to adopt black kids from places outside of africa, the terrorists have already won.

I saw someone named "Herpes" in WoW and they were max level. So really it's pretty sad that WoW, which babied people a lot, is more tolerant than Anet. I think Anet doesnt know what theyre doing and hired people to start banning because "it seemed like a good idea".

I don't think grown adults who pay good money to play a game should be kicked out of the game for language when there are already langauge filters in place. If you want to ban for bypassing the language filter, then Im ok with that.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

It's a free country, but not in a private forum. Guild Wars is not America, and the 1st Amendment does not apply.

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

1 recommendation

pr1mo to Kaltes

Premium Member

to Kaltes
said by Kaltes:

said by stvnbrs:

Name: OK Chat -- Not OK: "GET THE FUCKING CAVERN SCUTTER ENERGIES YOU FUCKASSES."

You all get the point. Watch what you type or you will not be playing. Sorry if the quotes offend anyone, the funny thing is that the users who posted these things asked to be looked up for why they were banned and everyone saw what they said.

If I cant name myself Adolf Critler and call people fuckasses when they try to adopt black kids from places outside of africa, the terrorists have already won.

I saw someone named "Herpes" in WoW and they were max level. So really it's pretty sad that WoW, which babied people a lot, is more tolerant than Anet. I think Anet doesnt know what theyre doing and hired people to start banning because "it seemed like a good idea".

I don't think grown adults who pay good money to play a game should be kicked out of the game for language when there are already langauge filters in place. If you want to ban for bypassing the language filter, then Im ok with that.

Grown adults wouldn't be using stupid terms and language like that. If you're here to condone that kind of garbage, then I hope you get banned too.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to Kaltes

Premium Member

to Kaltes
said by Kaltes:

O good lord...

I'm fully on-board with ANet on this. Knock em all out...They've made it pretty clear that they're not going to ban you for cursing, but extreme language or abuse, both of which a filter won't necessarily catch, just shouldn't be tolerated. Why should 500,000 people have to ignore someone, when the problem is with 1 person?

You want to talk like that, go somewhere where it's appreciated. 4chan would love to have you, I'm sure.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Kaltes

Premium Member

to Kaltes
said by Kaltes:

said by stvnbrs:

LOL

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Kaltes

Premium Member

to Kaltes
Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshatery.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

said by Goggalor:

Thanks for my new sig.

Kaltes
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04
Los Angeles, CA

Kaltes to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
said by Goggalor:

So you would support fines and jail for people who say things in public that these characters said in gw2? After all, if it is ok to make these rules in the game, why not apply those rules in public?

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

said by Kaltes:

said by Goggalor:

So you would support fines and jail for people who say things in public that these characters said in gw2? After all, if it is ok to make these rules in the game, why not apply those rules in public?

Not the same. ArenaNet owns the game, it is their property and we are allowed to use it. By doing so we must abide by their rules. Freedom of speech does not exist in a virtual world owned by another entity.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Kaltes

Premium Member

to Kaltes
said by Kaltes:

said by Goggalor:

Freedom of speech/freedom of association don't work the same way on private property as they do in public.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Kaltes

Premium Member

to Kaltes
said by Kaltes:

said by Goggalor:

Would you kick someone out of your house if they were swearing, insulting and demeaning your family?

Or would you support them and let them go at it in the name of freedom of speech?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

What would pandora do?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
I cannot understand how we still live in an age that the world's information is seconds away and people still somehow believe that their constitutional right to free speech means that people can say whatever they want and nothing negative can happen to them.