join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

Pilot Marvel S.H.I.E.L.D. by Whedon Possibly in the works

It's early days yet but...

ABC Buys Marvel S.H.I.E.L.D Pilot With Joss Whedon Co-Writing

Nick Fury and the rest of S.H.I.E.L.D could be coming to ABC.

The network has entered an agreement for a pilot revolving around the peace-keeping organization S.H.I.E.L.D, which is featured in both Marvel comics and the superhero films which they spawned, including this year's "The Avengers."

Joss Whedon, who wrote and directed the big-screen version of "The Avengers," is also writing the pilot, along with brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen ("Dollhouse"), and is attached to direct, schedule permitting.

Whedon will also executive produce if the project if it goes into production, with Jed, Tancharoen, Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb of Marvel Television.

The project comes via Marvel TV and ABC Studios.

Whedon is also set to direct and write the sequel to "The Avengers."

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Ok, so where is Serenity 2?

Kosh
We are all Kosh
Premium Member
join:2005-11-16
Z'ha'dum

Kosh to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Glad to see Whedon finding his feet again.

I wonder who would take on the role of Nick Fury, given a lower TV budget? Being on network vs cable TV is a drawback IMO, but we'll see.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

said by Kosh:

I wonder who would take on the role of Nick Fury, given a lower TV budget? Being on network vs cable TV is a drawback IMO, but we'll see.

I agree but considering who owns Marvel, an HBO series is out of the question Even though premium channels would be superior both in budget and content. They would not need to nanny anything and could make the episodes close to an actual hour rather than 40 minutes meaning more room for story.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I'm a big fan of Whedon's and would like to see him do more work on TV. While The Avengers, The Cabin In the Woods, and Serenity were great movies, I prefer it when he has the kind of time a TV series provides to develop characters and story-lines.

I'll basically watch anything Whedon is attached to as a writer or director.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I'd love to see him go back to scifi in space, there's never enough of that. Firefly, even without the original cast, or just half of them, would make me happy!

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

1 recommendation

Octavean to Kosh

MVM

to Kosh
said by Kosh:

david hasselhoff would do it,......snicker,....

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil to Kearnstd

Premium Member

to Kearnstd
MTV? I thought MTV would make a mockery of Teen Wolf. But damn, Teen Wolf turned out to be a pretty decent show.

So given that, I suggest MTV. Make it a "Teen/young adults" avengers.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to Kearnstd

MVM

to Kearnstd
said by Kearnstd:

said by Kosh:

I agree but considering who owns Marvel, an HBO series is out of the question Even though premium channels would be superior both in budget and content. They would not need to nanny anything and could make the episodes close to an actual hour rather than 40 minutes meaning more room for story.

I agree but to a point.

Why would they ever really need to nanny anything? S.H.I.E.L.D. and as such Marvel comics complied with the comic book code. There should be nothing neededing exclusivity of an adult audience.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

maybe so in the content angle. But in the running time angle you gain more actual time to tell a story on HBO and Showtime. Networks are getting close to less than 40min of actual show.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

I'd love to see him go back to scifi in space, there's never enough of that.

Is there any sci-fi in space on TV right now? I just thought to ask because I can't think of any and it used to be that you could always find something going on in space.
Stuff like the different Star Treks, BSG, Babylon 5, Firefly, etc.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

I think Doctor Who is the closest we have to a spacy scifi right now that is in a format that one can watch episodes as a stand alone unit. And that comes back on the air tonight in fact.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Rook008

Premium Member

to Rook008
I can't name anything after Battlestar Gallactica ended. And Firefrly is the only one I can think of prior to that.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

Latest news!

[...]it appears that [the] early 2013 slot is being set aside for Avengers writer/director Joss Whedon’s S.H.I.E.L.D. television series, which we’re hearing will begin filming as soon as next January.

S.H.I.E.L.D. is developing under Whedon’s guidance, and he’s working alongside his brother Jed Whedon and sister-in-law Maurissa Tancharoen; the trio previously collaborated on the Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog mini-series and Dollhouse TV show, while the latter duo have also written for Starz’ Spartacus. Whedon is planning to direct the pilot (which he’s also co-writing), while Tancharoen and her husband are expected to assume the bulk of showrunning duties thereafter – once Joss starts to work full-time on the Avengers sequel, that is.

Variety‘s Marc Graser has the scoop on S.H.I.E.L.D. starting production in January 2013, so there should be several big casting announcements forthcoming over the next month. So far, Ming-Na Wen (SGU Stargate Universe, Eureka) is confirmed as one of the leads in the show. Meanwhile, Clark Gregg is prepped to reprise his fan-favorite role as Agent Phil Coulson, which is an announcement that has incited much speculation about where the series takes place in terms of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) timeline.

From »screenrant.com/marvel-sh ··· ow-2013/

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

2 recommendations

Alpha Phoenix to Kosh

Premium Member

to Kosh
said by Kosh:

The Hoff!