saiyan
join:2000-05-17
Los Angeles, CA

1 edit

saiyan to Metatron2008

to Metatron2008

Re: Who copied who?

Metatron2008.

Okay.. This thread has now contain some emotional responses and some how I feel the need to post a message here.

To be fair, jx2000 said he thinks ipad looks similar to the samsung digital frame and apple probably copied the design. He assigned percentages (70%, 95% etc or whatever) to represent different similarity of various devices but that can be subjective though.

Nevertheless i think the point jx2000 was trying to make is that samsung galaxy s looks like a near duplicate of iphone 3gs.

And I agree with him.

Does that mean i am a apple fanboy too?

If so, by whatever logic you have in your head, anyone who even remotely thinks or feels that galaxy s looke like a 3gs is an apple fanboy.

I don't agree with many of the claims apple has against samsung in their lawsuit which is what this thread was about originally but galaxy s represents an example that cannot be ignored (now that jx2000 has brought it up). The thing simply looks too much like a 3gs and is probably one of few things I think apple as valid claim against.

Btw.. I'm not sure what is the purpose of the picture you posted but if you think posting a picture that shows yourself typing a your forum message on an imac(?) would clear you of any fanboism, you are wrong.

Your response to jx2000 is full of emotions and evidence of fanboism. It seems like jx2000's posting in this thread has pinched a nerve in you. That type of emotional response is what we have seen coming from fanatics all sides (android, apple, microsoft). You even brought up steve jobs name!! Lol & facepalm... really?

You sounded more like a imac user who is having buyers remorse and decided to become a fandroid bent on having revenge against apple.

Why not dump your imac and get a PC if you are not happy?
Build one yourself to avoid apple tax and you can get a mac pro like pc for 1/2 the cost or less.

Oh wait. You have already spent money on that imac so you might as well use it until "it just doesn't work". (okay. bad joke)

"Is that what Steve Jobs told you?"

Yup. An emotional response typed on an imac.
You are obviously a victim of apple's reality distortion field but that does not mean you should ignore the fact that galaxy s looks like a 3gs.

If you want to reply to jx2000 properly, you need to address the similarity of galaxy s vs 3gs because that was the subject of his posts.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

2 edits

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Buyers remorse? I got the thing because I am a ios developer, not because I blindly believe everything Steve Jobs tells me. Go bark up somebody else's tree.

And are you really that blind that you cant see the similarity of that Digital Frame to the ipad? if you think it's 70% too then there is nothing further to discuss as you are obviously blind as hell.

And you get emotions from words. You are funny.

See, this is the emotion I feel reading your vomit that you call your post:

You say I'm full of emotions, you are full of mindless assumptions and are apparantly too stupid to understand that some people are just jackasses and can insult without feelings. Go cry to mommy, maybe she has some emotions boy.

And look at that! I just called myself a jackass! Obviously due to emotion right? I mean dirty word! Obviously if you curse it's due to emotion!

There ya go, some more assumptions for you to make with your next vomit of a post.
Metatron2008

1 edit

Metatron2008

Premium Member

In this politically correct climate, some people think that saying what's on your mind is called 'emotion'. I call it 'telling the truth', and I DON'T care what you think.

I mean really! Calling me an emotional fanboy is an insult! If you are going to act like you know me, or insult me, at least call me what I am, a neutral sarcastic jackass.

Now do go run after the mods.
saiyan
join:2000-05-17
Los Angeles, CA

saiyan to Metatron2008

to Metatron2008
said by Metatron2008:

Buyers remorse? I got the thing because I am a ios developer, not because I blindly believe everything Steve Jobs tells me. Go bark up somebody else's tree.

But you were the one who started with emotional response and attached a dumb picture but failed to address the issue mentioned by the previous poster.
said by Metatron2008:

And are you really that blind that you cant see the similarity of that Digital Frame to the ipad? if you think it's 70% too then there is nothing further to discuss as you are obviously blind as hell.

Did I assign that 70% similarity value? No
Did I say ipad does not look like samsung digital frame? No
said by Metatron2008:

See, this is the emotion I feel reading your vomit that you call your post:

Really? Is posting dumb pictures the only thing you are good at?
said by Metatron2008:

You say I'm full of emotions, you are full of mindless assumptions and are apparantly too stupid to understand that some people are just jackasses and can insult without feelings. Go cry to mommy, maybe she has some emotions boy.

And look at that! I just called myself a jackass! Obviously due to emotion right? I mean dirty word! Obviously if you curse it's due to emotion!

There ya go, some more assumptions for you to make with your next vomit of a post.

This is getting childish..
(How old are you anyway? Your profile says you are 30 years old but ..... Okay. I will stop there.).

Okay. I apologize for making fun of you using imac.

Now read carefully.

The main reason i posted a reply to you was because you failed to address the galaxy s issue jx2000 brought up (and also because your reply to him was rather rude).

(Normally i don't like to get involved with these discussion threads involving android and apple users precisely because of the type of replies both you and I have seen from each other, but seeing you posted that "fandroid huh" picture as part of your sarcastic reply was just too much to resist).

If you disagree with what jx2000 posted regarding galaxy s and iphone 3gs, please post a proper reply and address issue without cursing or name calling.

If you disagree with anyone at all concerning any issues, layout your thoughts logically without any cursing or name calling.

Can you post a proper reply to jx2000 and address the similarity between galaxy s and iphone 3gs ?
saiyan

saiyan to Metatron2008

to Metatron2008
said by Metatron2008:

In this politically correct climate, some people think that saying what's on your mind is called 'emotion'. I call it 'telling the truth', and I DON'T care what you think.

I mean really! Calling me an emotional fanboy is an insult! If you are going to act like you know me, or insult me, at least call me what I am, a neutral sarcastic jackass.

Now do go run after the mods.

Ah... It seems like you are showing a little sense of guilt there.
Well, I will admit that I was guilty too.

So my apology again..

You must be very good at posting sarcastic messages because I have not posted any message or reply to anyone on this web site for a long time until I read yours...

I bet you frequently get bombed by other users.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Bombed? If I did I wouldn't care. I am a body builder, and a martial artist. I used to get picked on as a kid, and I overcame all obstacles. Very few things actually get on my nerves, although you were starting on the road of one (Assuming things about me is a pet peeve of mine).

I literally have a very deep gritty voice. I can tell you horrible things and laugh about it. Sorry..

As for the similarities, why should I have mentioned them when the other guy brushed off the similarities so easily? Not only did he brush them off, but he said that the ipad wasn't as ugly. How can such a difference happen when the devices are so similar?

I'll answer you though. I'd say the ipad to frame is 98% percent similar, and the 3gs to galaxy s is around 80-90%. I did own the 3g and my bro owned the 3gs.

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese to saiyan

Premium Member

to saiyan
Actually, they don't really doesn't look the same
jx2000
join:2012-08-28

jx2000 to saiyan

to saiyan
said by saiyan:

It seems like jx2000's posting in this thread has pinched a nerve in you.

LOL... I don't know why he responded in such way. It's as if I made a personal attack against him.

He disagreed with my opinion on iPad and Samsung's Digital Frame and I am OK with that but in the next paragraph he went BANG ! "You illogical moron... blah blah blah ... Did Steve Jobs tell you that? "

That was a pure outburst of anger.
jx2000

jx2000 to Metatron2008

to Metatron2008
said by Metatron2008:

Bombed? If I did I wouldn't care. I am a body builder, and a martial artist. I used to get picked on as a kid, and I overcame all obstacles. Very few things actually get on my nerves, although you were starting on the road of one (Assuming things about me is a pet peeve of mine).

I literally have a very deep gritty voice. I can tell you horrible things and laugh about it. Sorry..

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like you have a very tough life as a child.. Hopefully whoever bullied before you got their negative karma already.
said by Metatron2008:

I'll answer you though. I'd say the ipad to frame is 98% percent similar, and the 3gs to galaxy s is around 80-90%. I did own the 3g and my bro owned the 3gs.

Although I don't own any smartphones but many of my friends have iPhones or high end Android phones so I have had plenty of opportunity to play with them in the last few years.

I still think that the "exterior design" of Galaxy S and iPhone 3GS is very similar. Perhaps saying 95% similarity is too much but definitely 90%.

The exterior similarity is almost as much as the similarity between a Toyota FT-86 and a Subaru BRZ but Toyota and Subaru collaborated on the design of their cars together.

Like automobiles which are basically metal chasis with four wheels, phones with rectangular and rounded corner shape can have many different and unique exterior designs. So "trade dress" if what we are talking about here.

If Lexus creates a near duplicate of any BMW car and slaps on a Lexus logo, I'm sure that BMW would sue them. I mean if you are the CEO of BMW, you would want to sue them. Right?

But in reality no Lexus looks like BMWs. And certainly no Toyota Tercel or Echo look like BMWs. Yet, they are all metal chasis with four wheels.

My point was that close similiarty between Galaxy S and iPhone 3GS has left an impression that Samsung is copycat even though their other Android phones have shown less similarity to iPhone. The Galaxy brand became popular after sales of Galaxy S exploded. There is no reason to think that sales of Galaxy S phones were not fueled by its "iPhone 3GS" like exterior design. There were Android phones from HTC and Motorola with similar spec but they did not have sales volume anywhere close to Samsung. Indeed, Galaxy S was a very popular Android phone when it was released. Few of my friends bought Galaxy S over other Android phones because they like its design. In fact they all acknowledged Galaxy S looks like iPhone 3GS and they were happy to see that because the don't want to be locked in to the iPhone platform.

Of course, that is just my opinion so you may disagree.