Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game

Re: Warning: 0-Day vulnerability in Java 7

typing with one hand...lot's of pain, stiffness suddenly in one hand around the thumb...typing aggravates greatly. icing now...

that test is abbreviated version of MySpeed. gave me 2.34mbps down. too far away...150ms round trip...too high for good speed.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

typing with one hand...lot's of pain, stiffness suddenly in one hand around the thumb...typing aggravates greatly. icing now...

that test is abbreviated version of MySpeed. gave me 2.34mbps down. too far away...150ms round trip...too high for good speed.

Bummer cause I tried your java speed test and I get the same as the one here in PA.

planet
join:2001-11-05
Oz

1 edit

planet

Round Two with this exploit:
Taken from here:
»krebsonsecurity.com/

"Researchers: Java Zero-Day Leveraged Two Flaws:
New analysis of a zero-day Java exploit that surfaced last week indicates that it takes advantage of not one but two previously unknown vulnerabilities in the widely-used software. The latest figures suggest that these vulnerabilities have exposed more than a billion users to attack."

I've now removed Java from all of my PCs. I've had it off my desktop and laptop for awhile. I'd left it on my daughter's laptop but when I uninstalled it recently, I didn't update...my daughter is using an ipad moreso nowadays anyway.