spc
uniqs
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV to knowble

to knowble

Re: Patch!

I have 2 major addons that still don't work... Titan Panel(doesn't even load) and Carbonite(LUA spam). So for the moment, I'm using Bartender's micro menu and bag bar, along with Chinchilla Mini map until they get updated.

Finding a working Healbot was a bit of a chore. I had to grab a user edited version from a thread at the Healbot forums. The current Beta 3 spams LUA errors.

At this point tho, beyond the addon issues, I am very disgusted at some of the changes to a couple classes I have been playing(Priest and Druid), nevermind the fact I feel like the Talent trees are designed for preschoolers now.
Watermasta
join:2012-06-15
Quantico, VA

Watermasta

said by Chuck_IV:

At this point tho, beyond the addon issues, I am very disgusted at some of the changes to a couple classes I have been playing(Priest and Druid), nevermind the fact I feel like the Talent trees are designed for preschoolers now.

Please explain. I'm still attempting to get back my old account from a friend i sold it to. I refuse to start over lol.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

1 recommendation

kingdome74 to Chuck_IV

Premium Member

to Chuck_IV
Titan Panel updated this morning.
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

1 edit

Chuck_IV to Watermasta

to Watermasta
said by Watermasta:

said by Chuck_IV:

Please explain. I'm still attempting to get back my old account from a friend i sold it to. I refuse to start over lol.

My two complaints are that the separated Feral tanking from Feral DPS on the druid(so the druid has 4 spec line choices compared to 3 for other classes) and on my priest, they took away a couple base damage spells that were usable in all spec lines and dropped them into shadow only.

Keep in mind, I am leveling these guys, they are not 85s. I particularly don't like the Druid Feral separation. Prior, leveling was nice to run a Feral spec and be able to either DPS or Tank depending on what is needed for a run or dual spec over to a healer if needed. Now you are forced to chose to be EITHER a tank or a DPS(unless you dual spec both, then no healing possibilities).

Oh and I also hate that now it's EITHER a wand or weapon and not both( I hear the same goes for Hunter with weapons and bows).
Watermasta
Quantico, VA

Watermasta

I think the reason behind that is because they are thinking purely endgame. I seems blizzard's doesn't concern themselves with how changes affect leveling. Endgame bear tanks and dps want specific dps/tank talents. I never like losing spells, the wider aray of spells you have the more effective you can be.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I left the launcher "downloading" over night and it started with the "Downloading updated tools" crap when I woke op this morning the launcher was closed with no error message, checked firewall settings even added it to the "ok" list to no avail.

Will give another try tonight.

Maybe this is a signal from heaven.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Watermasta

Premium Member

to Watermasta
said by Watermasta:

I think the reason behind that is because they are thinking purely endgame. I seems blizzard's doesn't concern themselves with how changes affect leveling. Endgame bear tanks and dps want specific dps/tank talents. I never like losing spells, the wider aray of spells you have the more effective you can be.

Ya

right now my mana regen as a MAGE is insane
I'm not dropping mana unless there's a mana drain effect (mana void/blue slime) and even then I can still fully DPS as I regen so fast the loss is nothing.

I bet at 90 that won't be the case.

azinator
CS is the DEVIL
Premium Member
join:2000-08-12
Texarkana, TX

azinator

Premium Member

I did notice that Intellect has no role on mana pool now....just spellpower and spell crit. Might be why my mana pool went down to 100,000 even.

Mr Fel
INTJ - The Architect
Premium Member
join:2008-03-17
Louisville, KY
Asus RT-N66

Mr Fel to Chuck_IV

Premium Member

to Chuck_IV
They have updated Titan Panel »www.curse.com/addons/wow ··· an-panel and Carbonite received a fan update »virtxchange.com/carbonite/ the authors have more or less abandoned according to the talk in official support forum »www.wowinterface.com/for ··· 3&page=1. Grabbed both of these last night and been back to 90% - 95% operational on my addons again (mainly just atlasloot and mogit throwing a bunch of errors). One note though, I grabbed the original fix of Carbonite, the newest update has an error when abandoning quests, I can e-mail you my copy of the fix if you want until the fix is fixed.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t to Watermasta

to Watermasta
Watrermasta, dont listen to people on these forums. The new talent systmen is about a million times better then anything previous. And I know that you know that I know what I am talking about. Lol. Fire mage w cauterize and a 65k frost shield? Yes please. A prot warrior bladstorming? Yes please. They are amazing and this is one of the best patches that blizz has produced. There are some core class changes that people need to relearn, but for anyone who has played through an expansion before this is not uncommon. Do you remeber when you were arcane back inwrath and couldnt spec for slow? Remember how gay that was? Well now you can spec for w/e utility spells you want without having to worry about gimping your DPS. Also you swap them out on the fly depending on what is more useful for the current boss. Trust me, the new talent system is amazing.
Watermasta
Quantico, VA

Watermasta

said by Vinceruos_t:

Do you remeber when you were arcane back inwrath and couldnt spec for slow? Remember how gay that was? Well now you can spec for w/e utility spells you want without having to worry about gimping your DPS.

Beleive me, I remember that all too well. I hated that my optimal spec had to be arcane, but to be arcane without a core spell like slow. You were expected to rely on your tank for the movement speed reduction to increase your damage. I like the idea that your talents have no bearing (or minimal) on your dps output. Talents should have always been for utility.

Did you really think leveling up in TBC you could afford to skip over the 5/5 talent that increased your damage by 10%? You were a fool if you did so there really wasn't a choice.

These talent changes have me this close to getting my account back and starting back up.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

Trust me, the new talent system is amazing.

People still play this game?