fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to Moorecards

Re: [NFL] Week 1 Games Discussion

The Cowboys 2 starting cornerbacks are pretty darn good. Nicks was never wide open and Cruz had to leap to drop those passes.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
The CB's are pretty good. Their press coverage was a bit "handsy" further down the field than I'd like, but they did a good job considering Claiborne is a rookie.
But Cruz had one drop where he was basically wide open and turned his head to face up-field before pulling the ball in. That was just careless.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
Actually Romo is a PDG QB.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
PDG?

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31
kudos:2
said by Rook008:

PDG?

Pretty Damn Good? (Well, sometimes...but not always).
--
I had a life once.....now I have a Computer and a Modem.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Ah, that makes sense.

Romo is a pretty damn good QB according to the stats, yes.
But whenever I think about Romo I think about the season-ending or game-losing mistakes he's made in the past.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31
Agree...

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Rook008
said by Rook008:

PDG?

The Pizza Delivery Guy QB??

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
, was that him in that Papa John's commercial?

And speaking of commercials, I don't think I've ever seen Eli or Peyton Manning so much in commercials during a game. During every commercial break, at least one of them was in a commercial.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31
said by Rook008:

I don't think I've ever seen Eli or Peyton Manning so much in commercials during a game. During every commercial break, at least one of them was in a commercial.

That's the way it goes when you're rich and shameless.
Man, I wish I was a Manning brother.
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
I wish I had the talent, and the money, but let's face it, they both look kind of goofy.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31

1 edit
No problem here...I look kind of goofy too.
I'll take the money and talent any day, if my goofy looks have to go along with it .
Alright, enough out of me. Time for us old and not so famous losers to hit the sack.
Later, guys...
--

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Rook008
Cruz a 1 year wonder?

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Moorecards
quote of the day:
Mike Tanier, Sports on Earth: “The Lions have absolutely no running backs (Kevin Smith will start on a bad ankle on Sunday), but they are deep with defensive tackles in need of image rehabilitation. There is only one solution: a Ndamukong Suh-Nick Fairley 'heavy jumbo' backfield. Suh was versatile enough to attempt an extra point as a rookie, so taking three or four handoffs per game, which is what the Lions’ running game is down to anyway, should be a breeze. Making Fairley learn to play fullback will limit the amount of time he can spend in normal society, which is better for all of us. The chance that he will forget himself and launch helmet-first into Matthew Stafford’s kneecap in the huddle, however, may be too great for Jim Schwartz to risk it. Suh and Fairley could also help Calvin Johnson avoid the Madden Curse, as evil spirits will see them and assume that someone overbooked.”
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
Lol.
Our defense of line may be the meanest in the NFL.
I'm cool with it because even on their worst days they are nice people in Detroit.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to I AM
I really hope not.

Critsmcgee

join:2011-12-02
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to f0rtys3ven
said by f0rtys3ven:

Lol.
Our defense of line may be the meanest in the NFL.
I'm cool with it because even on their worst days they are nice people in Detroit.

Doesn't look good for you guys so far today.

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to Moorecards
RG III is having an awesome day against the Saints. In fact, the Redskins have done something today they didn't do once all of last season; score 30 points.

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to Moorecards
So far today in 2 games, I saw a PI call made, even though the pass was caught.

How is that possible? If you caught the ball, how could there be interference? Interference would mean something that PREVENTS you from catching a ball you otherwise would've caught would it not?

FFH
Premium
Tavistock NJ
said by captokita:

How is that possible? If you caught the ball, how could there be interference? Interference would mean something that PREVENTS you from catching a ball you otherwise would've caught would it not?

Happens all the time. But the team catching the ball usually declines the penalty because they often gain at least a couple yards after the catch.
--
»www.mittromney.com/s/repeal-and-···bamacare
»www.mittromney.com/issues/health-care

Critsmcgee

join:2011-12-02
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to captokita
said by captokita:

It has nothing to do with preventing you from catching the ball. It's when you do something to INTERFERE with the receiver opportunity to catch the ball which is illegal. The receiver can still make the catch if they are good. The refs call is regardless because that's the right call. It's not their job to pick and choose what to call.

FFH
Premium
Tavistock NJ
reply to Moorecards
New Orleans lost to Wash. Made me happy to see the hit squad lose.
Cowboys beat Giants, which could make NFC East interesting this year.
My Eagles eaked out a lucky win against a bad Cleveland team. I still don't like Vick - he throws wildly when out of the pocket - which is still most of the time and threw 4 interceptions.
--

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Moorecards
Wow only one mention of 49ers vs Packers, aka Smith vs Rodgers. No wonder I don't bother coming to this east coast dominated forum.

Bad calls & non-calls by the scab refs, on both side of the ball, but Packers got a TD that should have been called back. Bottom line is the Niners dominated.

Kudos to David Akers on tying the NFL record for longest field goal: 63 yards. Perfect right down the middle, and had just enough leg to bounce over the crossbar. I'll never forget the sound it made: boonnnngggg!

FFH
Premium
Tavistock NJ
reply to Moorecards
Peyton Manning may have the neck bones of a 75 yr old man held together with wires and glue, but he is still a clutch QB with the game on the line. He makes Denver offense look good.
--

FFH
Premium
Tavistock NJ
Denver 25, Pitts 19. Roethlisberger has 3 mins to go 80 yds to get a TD to win. Can he do it?

FFH
Premium
Tavistock NJ
said by FFH:

Denver 25, Pitts 19. Roethlisberger has 3 mins to go 80 yds to get a TD to win. Can he do it?

Nope. He throws an interception & Denver gets a TD. It is all but over now. Denver 31, Pitts 19. 1:58 left in game.
--

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Wily_One
said by Wily_One:

Kudos to David Akers on tying the NFL record for longest field goal: 63 yards. Perfect right down the middle, and had just enough leg to bounce over the crossbar. I'll never forget the sound it made: boonnnngggg!

Awesome FG. Though the sound I will remember from that game is when the 49er (don't remember who it was) tried to dunk the ball over the goal post and failed....all the laughter from the stadium.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
I think it was Vernon Davis, and it was pretty funny when he got rejected by the cross-bar.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to Wily_One
Yeah, that was a great kick.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to Moorecards
Jets!!

Even though it was a win, it was kind of a boring game. Fitzpatrick just kept throwing interceptions early in the game and the Bills were never really in it. Sanchez played a good game. I love seeing him pump-fake and then let one fly. And that he actually had the time to do it was amazing.
I would have liked to see them get to the QB a little more often, and the run game seems a bit off, but I see some improvements over last season already.
I was actually hoping to see more Tebow-Time in the fourth quarter, since the Jets were up by a bunch, but he wasn't doing much better than Greene on the run, so I guess they played it right.
--