uniqs

StumpMan
Premium Member
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC

StumpMan

Premium Member

New patch Likes/Dislikes

I would like to hear from everyone on here there impressions of the new patch. What they like and what they don't.

As a mage, its going to take a bit to figure out rotations, and the new talent tree. Dislike

AOE looting. I ran Stockades shortly after logging on. Pulling a large mob and being able to loot them at once. Like

Decided to pop over to Scarlet Monastery. New content in there. Not heroic yet but the lower level dungeons are a nice update. Nice nod to a horde npc in there. Like

Haven't been to Scholomance yet to see the changes there.

Did have some major lag issues last night on Perenolde, the world server crashed but popped back up quickly. Gonna take some adjustments but so far I am not really seeing anything negative about the patch.

knowble
join:2012-07-30
Newport News, VA

knowble

I was going to start a topic on this until I saw yours

I love the new talent/glyph changes. WoW has always forced you to really spend talents points in certain areas in order to be a viable role (tank, healer, DPS). I spent over an twenty minutes deciding which talents I was going to use; which ones I preferred. It seems that there might be 1 or 2 MUST have talents, but other than that, I really feel like choosing talents is no longer beholden to an elite build. It is up to you, now! Heck, I didn't even look up "Paladin Prot Spec" or anything! Just chose my talents and glyphs (which are AWESOME) and went about my business.

I ran one HoT to sort-of test everything out. A lot has changed for me (as a tank), but I would argue for the better. Welcome back, consecration!!!

Why would you dislike a new talent tree that doesn't require you to be like everyone else? And learn a new rotation? Come on, man! Its fresh, its new, and its zesty!

AOE looting is quite amazing. Thank god for this - trying to help a fellow guildie level his enchanting and DEAR LORD this will make soloing SH and BF much faster. Good for leatherworker as well!

Most important to me is the new guild challenges. I believe there is five now:

0/7 Dungeons
0/15 Scenarios
0/3 Challenge Dungeons
0/1 Raid
0/3 Rated BG/Arena

This is epic for smaller guilds. That is 18 more things to do as a guild (scenarios + challenge dungeons)!!! While the Scenario challenge will only take three guildies to complete, just like doing the 7 regular dungeons does, "Challenge Dungeons" will probably take five people. Not saying five is required, but it might be tough actually getting a dungeon medal with two LFD peeps. Anyways, this really makes me happy!

Also worth mentioning is the account wide mounts, pets, and achievements. Oh yes - I can now fly around on my Blue Proto Drake, Ride my Swift Zulian Tiger, and float/swim on my Turtle on all three of my toons. Epic! To activate the new mount and pet journal in-game, hit [Shift] + P. Pet battles wont go active until the Xpac is released, I believe.

All in all, I give a thumbs up to everything. Blizzard really changed the game for good!

StumpMan
Premium Member
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC

StumpMan

Premium Member

I know what you mean. I like the idea of scenarios only needing three folks. Even with a large guild it still seems to be a struggle to get folks together for a guild run. Getting three folks, that will be easy.

Also, we did an LFR with a small group. The new loot rules were way easier. If you win the roll you get gear, otherwise you get a bag of gold (25g). Still found folks from other realms asking why there were no gear drops.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
One of the hunter glyphs, Fetch...
It's awesome! Kill a mob for away or miss looting? Send your pet to loot it! Freakin' awesome!!!

Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast to StumpMan

to StumpMan
actually considering that you have fewer choices to pick, one pick out of three options. would seem to me that you have LESS choices so more people with have the same builds.

what i really really really dislike\hate is how badly my warlock plays now, i was great at demo, now im acting like i have two left feet, its very ackward and confusing, basically what im saying is i SUCK at warlocks now

IMO this is the worst thing they have done to the player.

what I do like and its the only thing i like is account wide achievements

I have been playing this game since it came out, yes I have dealt with lots of changes, but this is by FAR the most upsetting change, where I have never been more close to just cancelling my account and stop playing. I have actually starting looking at other games to try and completely leave Blizzard forever.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to StumpMan

to StumpMan
My group wiped.a few times in the new SM. Was fun

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
I like the changes to mages better than I thought I would. The new Arcane talents will probably have the honor of receiving the coveted nerf bat first. Frost, judging by running some MF dailies, looks like a nice leveling spec although my fear arcane wouldn't be viable was unfounded.

I hate the changes to prot pally's. Why not just say that they aren't allowed to do any friggin' damage and be done with it. Man I was swinging like crazy running the MF dailies and getting nowhere. The shield slam that used to be an awesome burst is now not even a pop fart. It makes me rethink about leveling in prot. I used to gather up as many mobs as I could find and nuke them all with nary a thought or care. Now... I stand there with a thumb up my ass and trust me that's not a good thing.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
AOE looting, like

New talent trees, dislike

As they added a guild achev related to Scarlet Monastery I got a couple of guildies and we ran it quick, looked nice I look forward to running the heroic. Like

The molten front dailies bugged, Dislike (the injured were all healed and I couldn't get credit)

The new LFR loot system, dislike for now. (only got 100g from 4 boss kills)

the updated loot UI, Dislike (looks crappier)

I ran a BH and LFR part 1 to check things out, still gotta get used to my new rotation.

I do like the inferno blast heating up thing. though I think the duration of heating up should be 1sec longer, I missed it a few times.

the mana costs look odd. Dislike

My mana total lowered to about 100k, dislike

Regen is nutts, Like (even the mana void wasn't to much trouble)

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Harddrive

to Harddrive
said by Harddrive:

That is so weird!! I did minor/major research and I didn't discover any new glyphs, and I know this one didn't exist before 5.0.4. Is this a book only glyph?

Eumaeus
join:2009-12-10
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus to StumpMan

to StumpMan
Among the many, many likes, one of my favorites is the fact that as a druid I can now cast several abilities in any form, with many having different effects based on form.

Minor glyphs have been hilarious and extremely fun to pick.

Separating feral and guardian will, I hope, be very healthy for both kittens and buhrs for MoP.

I also love that right now the T13 4pc combined with glyphed Might of Ursoc will give the entire raid 50% current and maximum health for 20 secs.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
said by puppy:

said by Harddrive:

That is so weird!! I did minor/major research and I didn't discover any new glyphs, and I know this one didn't exist before 5.0.4. Is this a book only glyph?

Alot of them were just converted from old glyphs

the only glyph I was missing was bear cub.
Jodokast

Jodokast to StumpMan

to StumpMan
Tried two times, last night and this morning doing both researches, for my scribe to get the new glyphs. both times fails, learned nothing new.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

You might already know them.
Jodokast

Jodokast

I went and got all the new ones from the trainer, but there are a couple that can be learned I was told that I am missing, pre MOP glyphs. I have seen new ones up on the AH that i dont have myself, so i know im missing a few and was told you have to learn them from research, which is a one per day try. so im two times fail :-(

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well somehow my GM has already learned all of them.

Eumaeus
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus to Jodokast

to Jodokast
My wife was looking into a similar problem a day or two ago (granted this was pre-patch) and I wanna say she found something saying that the old Book of Glyph Mastery could teach some things that the Adventurer's Journal(?) or research could not.

Not sure if that was a for-sure or if it would still be valid post-patch.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to Eumaeus

Premium Member

to Eumaeus
I'm not digging the new druid travel form although my wife liked the River Dance it does.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I guess I must now find a druid and make em dance.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

Make sure he's in travel form.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I'll make em do all the forms

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Jodokast

Premium Member

to Jodokast

actually considering that you have fewer choices to pick, one pick out of three options. would seem to me that you have LESS choices so more people with have the same builds.

I hate this mindset. It only seems to be true. If you knew what you were doing before, there were only 3 or 4 discretionary talent choices per spec per class (and they weren't equal choices... they were heavily dependent upon your raiding format and composition). That's it. If you truly believe there were more options, you were not only a casual player, you were a casual player just playing an expensive version of farmville.

I'm not saying you have to like it. But identify a real reason... like you don't like the actual options in a given tier, or you hate that one of your favorite spells was removed and there is no suitable replacement (by your estimation).

NOTE: I'm attacking the mentality, and my "you" is a plural "you" not specifically the poster of the above quoted text.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
Not sure how I like the new patch, logged in on my druid and just couldn't find the motivation to even get through the talent selection process. Then I look at how I have to redo talent bars glyphs macros, mods ect. I just... am at a loss for words except "not tonight".

Eumaeus
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

Eumaeus to kingdome74

to kingdome74
Oh man... I didn't even try to dance in venison mode!! I like the glyph that makes you mountable, but I really wish the speed were greater than 40%. That run speed is just too slow to be practical (short of for visual amusement).

I mean, our bird form is instant cast and it matches your trained flight speed.

In the world of druids and form model updates, I suppose beggars can't be choosers : )
Jodokast

Jodokast to Immer

to Immer
ah but Immer, you are making an assuption that the person is raiding so is forced by guild standards into a cookie cutter build, I am also willing to bet that exact same thing will happen now, less choices, and being forced into same builds.

I am a non-raider, I love being unique, yes i will make a build that isnt the "norm" just to be different.

I stand by my statement.

ps: no i dont take offense to a discussion, i respect your input

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
I messed around with some Warlock builds this morning.

I just get where Blizzard is going with this.

Basically the choices for an Affliction Lock were, do I want this damage reduction ability? Or do I want this other damage reduction ability with a different style CD? Or do I want this self healing ability instead?

Absolutely no DPS style talents at all. Everything was damage reduction, self healing, etc.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t

I know right. I love the changes. I can actually choose utility base spells without worrying that I am gimping my damage by not taking a certain talent. Its great

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Jodokast

Premium Member

to Jodokast
Naw the options you have are largely meaningless.

so fewer options and the difference from best to worst option in a tier is small most of the time.

For instance Cauterize vs Cold snap

I haven't seen how fast ultra will die yet but its possible cold snap might get you 3 iceblocks

With Cauterize you might also be able to do 3

(I'd have to look at the time spacing between HoTs)

But with in the past hitting 6HoT's I figure the following

hit Iceblock on 1st, then on clicking off the buff hit cold snap (speaking of which can you macro a buff removal?) then hit Iceblock on the 2nd

Cold Snap has a 3min Cd (vs the 5min of Iceblock) so I'm not sure if cold snap would be up in time for the 6th.
Jodokast

Jodokast to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
Ya, my warlock has been my main toon since start of game, but I just dont love him anymore :-( this patch has put my warlock probably at the bottom of the list. I tried each of my 85's and the one class that shined and i had the most fun was my Elem Shaman! so with only one day of playing as of now, most likely my elem sham will be my new main.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

I know right. I love the changes. I can actually choose utility base spells without worrying that I am gimping my damage by not taking a certain talent. Its great

That must mean that tank classes get all DPS style talents?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

I'm just glad the people that said spellsteal was going away were lairs