Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Harddrive

Premium Member

to Harddrive

Re: New patch Likes/Dislikes

I haven't seen anything in the mail box.

azinator
CS is the DEVIL
Premium Member
join:2000-08-12
Texarkana, TX

azinator

Premium Member

I read somewhere either on here or on blizz forums, that if your toon had full bags, you needed to empty a few slots and your range item will show up in you bags.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Thank you. That proved to be the case.

So far my main dislike is that for the toons that had melee and ranged attacks, no longer have them. Unless there is a way I can sit up a macro to switch from a gun to an axe on my hunter, is is stuck with a gun.
And my rogue is stuck with melee weapons.

I do like the "tweak" given warlocks. I've noticed that when ever I cast soul burn [I so miss the soul stone insta cast], it produces an imp. I've had 5 imps at one time, plus my felguard. The imps seem weak, but the extra fire power is nice.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Rogues still have Throw, even if they don't have a ranged slot. Same for warriors. And I believe warlocks,mages,priests have Shoot, but really, why would you ever want to use them? Being OOM implies something is drastically wrong with your playstyle.

Hunters now have no min range. So you would never want to melee attack, or switch to a melee weapon for combat purposes.

But, for the record, those macros exist. I think its just /equip My Weapon Name.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

As I tend to solo a lot [I dislike playing with others. Mainly because there is to much BS in a group. Between chatting or "I need this loot" fighting], I liked having throw on my rogue. As it allows me to draw a target away from a group of possible targets.

Warlock, just hit the target with a "soft" spell and they'll come attacking, or send in felguard/voidwalker and keep them healed.

I'll try to sit up a macro that switched weapons, I've never been that good at using them [macros].

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
It's tough to judge exactly how this patch is playerwise. We're not at 90 and hence can't see how the balance is yet.

One thing that is annoying is when I open my craft window if I do it 3 or 4 times it will show 3 or 4 of the same recipes. Makes for one hell of a lot wasted time wading through all of it.
Feramors
join:2010-05-07
Saint Louis, MO

Feramors to StumpMan

to StumpMan
Does anyone get a bit of a delay when brining up their map? It's as if the screens are taking just a split second to load, which never happened pre-patch.

It's not a big deal. at all, really. Just an annoyance.

Pollux7777
join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777 to StumpMan

to StumpMan
Is the AH being weird for anyone else? Its listing items from high price to low price now... very annoying to have to go to the last page to find the cheapest item.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru

Yes, the default listing by rarity is jacked up. Usually, it will list by low to high.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive to Pollux7777

Premium Member

to Pollux7777
Auctionator is all you need to know.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru

I don't think the issue is with posting auctions. The issue is how the other players will see the default listing of items.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

Well if they are using Auctionator, they will see the listing by item and then by price.
Is there anyone that doesn't use an auction addon?

quatra
Premium Member
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC

quatra

Premium Member

said by Harddrive:

Yes I believe they're called the poor.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to StumpMan

MVM

to StumpMan
Still rotating through my toons.

I like the change to the Druid Wild Mushrooms where you can see the area of affect and don't have to cast it for each individual shroom.

I also like the change where you don't need to equip your fishing pole, provided you use the fishing icon on the skills page. This will save me five minutes, or more, of poor DPS due to attacking with my fishing pole.

I also like the archaeology change that you can do six digs at a site. Saves a lot of time flying and porting around.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
I think this part of your post went unnoticed and thus unanswered.
said by DarkLogix:

...then on clicking off the buff hit cold snap (speaking of which can you macro a buff removal?)...

The answer is yes, and the script is:

/cancelaura Mind Melt

...or whatever the buff name you want removed is.

What was that you were saying about bads?

Oh...was it that it's just as easy to google search a 61, 71, or 81 point talent build as it is to google a /cancelaura macro?

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to Harddrive

Premium Member

to Harddrive
said by Harddrive:

Well if they are using Auctionator, they will see the listing by item and then by price.

Auctionator kept freezing the game up when I tried to run a scan even after all the updates. This morning I think it's finally been fixed. I think it's a thousand times better than Auctioneer.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
Well as I hadn't needed to use Ice block regularly before the benefit of such a macro had been low,(ie before dragonsoul) and I'm quite accurate at clicking off the buff.

but anyway they built in the remove Iceblock into iceblock now.
And Iceblock has more uses than that cauterize (ie on spice if I'm gripped I can just ice block out of it.)

On omnitron if I have the red line on me I can ice block out of it.

if a tank dies and the boss runs at me Iceblock will keep me alive while the OT gets threat.

and many more.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I'll try to sit up a macro that switched weapons, I've never been that good at using them [macros].

My point is you don't need to switch weapons, ever. Hunters have no min range, so just use your normal attacks if the mob is close. Warriors and Rogues don't need a ranged weapon to Throw; you just use the ability, and it chucks a dagger at the target. They no longer have Shoot, and all Thrown weapons are now vendor trash, so you wouldn't have anything to switch to regardless.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
Your items will be returned to you "from the Twisting Nether" I promise.

Why are your bags full on two toons?!?! That's ridic.

By default, if you're on a 64-bit OS the WoW client will run in 64-bit now. If you also run addons, it will slow your connection too. You can revert back to the 32-bit client from the Options in the Launcher, that way your addons will work the way they had before the patch.

Now there is DirectX11. Revert back to DirectX9 if you're still having issues to see if that helps.

I have noticed as well that outland takes forever to load maps. and sometimes when flying in the southern areas of Kalimdor the environment will blank out and have to wait a good 15-25 seconds for it to load. Same with my (now default) map. Sometimes won't even load the map data. I'll see my arrow and my gatherer data from mines and herbs. Weird. Also, I need my CARBONITE map back!!!!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well for me I'm not having these issues you speak of.

but the map isn't working in the same way as it used to.

ie, I open the map, then zoom out, then hit the arrow to put the map back in window mode but now when I do the last step it reverts to the zone I'm in not the zone I'm looking at.
Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast

here is my QQ post, last night in the darkmoon arena fightin for the chest, I the 85 warlock-Destro vs one other a holy pally

I died and lost, all he had to do was heal up and spam cast Denounce!

one spell killed me, all he did was cast denounce till i finally died.

why oh why should a healer do enough dps to kill a dps class.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
I play WOW on linux, so no DirectX anything.
But it's my kids that are having the nude issue, not I. As for full packs on my toons, they had been questing the last time I played, or I was buying mats to build something. Either way, the packs were full. But the items did re-appear as soon as I made room.

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to Jodokast

to Jodokast
said by Jodokast:

here is my QQ post, last night in the darkmoon arena fightin for the chest, I the 85 warlock-Destro vs one other a holy pally

I died and lost, all he had to do was heal up and spam cast Denounce!

one spell killed me, all he did was cast denounce till i finally died.

why oh why should a healer do enough dps to kill a dps class.

Wtf, wow...Shockadin 2.0? I am sure that will be nerfed asap.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

It's quite true actually. I was on my lvl 73 guardian druid in the Azjol Nerub dungeon. There was a holy paladin queued as dps and sure as shit he was just casting Holy Shock and Denounce and was easily doing 66% of the TOTAL group DPS. It's just unreal. Although I remember in the patch before Cata hit with the new talent changes then that Holy Pally's were tanking heroics in tank gear and casting Exo, Conc, and Shock.

Holy Paladins seem to always get skewed uber abilities when everything changes. Then they nerf them to hell.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Hay maybe this is the time for Immer's full Pali DS run?

just get to it before the nerf hammer comes flying from vash'ir.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

Hay maybe this is the time for Immer's full Pali DS run?

just get to it before the nerf hammer comes flying from vash'ir.

excellent point. hmm... didn't get to the pally this weekend....

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
Haven't the classes been balanced for the new 90 level instead the 85? By the time those Hpallys hit 90 they might be back to sucking at DPS.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

When has Blizz ever balanced a class only for the level cap? Also, at level 90 there is a whole other talent to spend and the stats on gear will be even more inflated...

The only reason HPals would be back to exclusively waving their arms in the back of the group will be when Blizz realizes their mistake. Or maybe they just wanted to bring the Shockadin back. Those WERE fun times.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

What I'm saying is they have rebalanced the classes as they will be in MoP not Cata. My toons are certainly playing a heck of a lot different than they did a couple of weeks ago.
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to StumpMan

to StumpMan
So I got a scroll last week or the one before, resubbed a month to check out all of the new stuff just to see whats going on.

Months ago when I quit my understanding was that the game is being immensely dumbed down which I had no intentions or trying to play mop.. They did infact dumb the game down to a degree, but the changes have made the game feel different, the learning how to play some classes again makes it fun relearning..

I'm aware balance is awful atm just like it has been at the end of every expansion, but I do see the changes as being a good thing so far. As much as I miss the old talent system, the new one seems pretty cool. The thing I like is the choices seem to cater to certain playstyles or comp styles(pvp wise) but you get all the abilities you need.

The main thing I dislike is learning how to play every class at an exceptional level again except my rogue. I heard a lot of qq before I quit that sub was going to be dead in MOP, I dont see it, but I guess we'll see. Also the old raid business not giving any gold or anything is lame

I feel the game has piqued my interests enough to check out panda time. Ill give it a month feeler of max level to see where my stance is. I'm still a bit hesitant about the pve side, but I honestly haven't read or looked into anything about it.