Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to DarkLogix

Re: New patch Likes/Dislikes

I think we have had our low points during the course of WoW, but it would be a mistake to think rogues are not viable for PVE, the DS patch being the most recent evidence of Rogue PVE prowess.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Harddrive

said by Harddrive:

Not now that all melee items aren't hunter weapons anymore.

Huntards can still equip them, they just can't shoot with them.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
reply to DarkLogix

i make it my personal goal to rape at least one mage a day.
--
Good evening!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Skittles

said by Skittles:

I think we have had our low points during the course of WoW, but it would be a mistake to think rogues are not viable for PVE, the DS patch being the most recent evidence of Rogue PVE prowess.

Viable or not Rogues are for PvP.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31

keep telling yourself that...

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to mettachain

I have yet to find reason to take SS in a pve environment.. Both of the other 2 talents are vastly supperior to 2 of the rogue specs, and SS as Sub isnt mandatory as Id rather have the extrea Vainish.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to StumpMan

Major gripe:
• I don't like the new LFR loot model. While mathematically "more fair" and less prone to inter-player drama... it now feels like more of a colossal waste of my time. I recognized that I had some altruistic coping methods that are now empty. Apparently, when I saw loot that I couldn't use drop, at least I could glance at the meters and tell myself, "at least that person 'deserved'/'could really benefit from' that loot... and I helped him/her get that". But now, I don't know that. I don't know anything. I see that I get a bag... and boss after boss that bag only contains 25g. I don't earn JP per boss... that's annoying. So much so, in fact, that I'd rather grind out cata heroics for the enchanting mats and JP than LFR. I'm not asking for it to be changed back or anything... I'm sure those who never saw differently will appreciate it... maybe. I know I don't... but maybe that is just because I had some solid coping mechanisms in place.

• I don't like cross-realm zoning. It breaks Azeroth up into pocket dungeons, and I notice it. It's no longer a huge world with notional "state lines". If I'm grouped with a buddy... doing quests near a zone line, he disappears if he crosses that zone line. That actually breaks up the immersion of WoW. I know I am in the minority, but I'd rather have merged servers, than individual zones. Question: are PvE servers that heavily cross-realmed?

Minor complaints:
• Disc Priest: after I cast Penance, my toon will track the target until I move. So if my target is running around (from mob to mob) my screen will follow him as if I were his camera.

• Resto Druid: I don't like where tree form has gone...
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

azinator
CS is the DEVIL
Premium
join:2000-08-12
New Boston, TX

shadow priest mind flay and mind seer do the same object tracking after using them.....feels weird..lol

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to Immer

I think they need to add the ability to see who got actual loot in LFR. They're hiding it to prevent drama, but it's just causing confusion, and they think that they got a bag of gold by winning a "roll", when in fact its the booby prize. I love the model in general, but its oddly frustrating to not know who got what. People seem to want to know that SOMETHING dropped, because you want to know that someone was rewarded (or at least have a rage target for "clearly the AFK mage got something. best game")

As for CRZ ... (adding to the billion official threads on the topic):

I think the solution to cross-realming is to make it opt-in. I liked that I was able to group with a friend from another server to do some questing while we waited for a queue to pop.

I hated that some random dude from another server ganked a silver elite I was stalking while waiting for a friend from my own server to show up to get kill credit.

I suppose if the goal is to make the world feel like a world again, then my solution sucks. But who really wanted that feeling, except for those who are nostalgic for world PVP? If that was the case, let people opt in to CRZs on their own. Most people wouldn't. The few who did would be in wonderland.

That might be an architecture problem though, since it seems like they're transferring players to the other servers, instead of having them be on their own virtual realms.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Immer

Actually if you're partied up then they should stay with you I think.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

said by DarkLogix:

Actually if you're partied up then they should stay with you I think.

you move to the same server, but I don't always see them across the zone line. for example, the other night I was flying on a buddy's drake... when he crossed a zoneline, I got dropped from his mount (another gripe). when I landed, he couldn't find me because I had fallen in one zone, and he was in another. we kept crossing back and forth in opposite directions until we realized what was happening.
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Ah that's annoying.

The upside is you can use summon stones to someone cross-realm so you don't have to get a lock into the instance to summon.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

There's an upside... thanks. I wish the summon stones were moved inside the raids, though. It is stupid to allow pvp to prevent pve. Just move the current summon stone further away from the dungeons/raids so they can serve as a "call to arms" summon stone specifically for world pvp and let my 2 fastest flyers fly into the raid zone and start summoning the raid.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

thought of another gripe... CD added to dispel/cure

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

said by Immer:

Ya whats the point of that?

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

Yet another thing to micro-manage for healers. As if single-target and raid-wide damage reduction cooldowns weren't enough.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

said by Immer:

PVP nerf. Though since they can apparently reset dispels if they dispel a certain debuff (this is what Wrack is supposed to be doing; haven't tested), you'd think they'd be able to say "and if you dispel a player-cast debuff, add a CD"

said by drew:

Yet another thing to micro-manage for healers. As if single-target and raid-wide damage reduction cooldowns weren't enough.

I'd wager there will be few if any fights that are based on hitting CD on dispel, so in practice you won't notice in PVE. In PVP ... more skill is a thing I guess?

Arsinic

Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to StumpMan

I look at it like interrupts for melee characters... Bad characters will miss/waste an interupt, while the skilled player will achieve the spell lockout they desire.. I have always thoguht it was a bit silly (ie dispel cleave in wrath) could jsut sit and strip any and all buffs, and remove any impairments/debuffs all day. Now they'll have to pay more attention. In PVE its not like healing is hard anyway.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to drew

said by drew:

Even the mage spell remove curse has a CD now.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to Arsinic

said by Nick D:

said by Immer:

PVP nerf...you'd think they'd be able to say "and if you dispel a player-cast debuff, add a CD"

My thought exactly. They already have dual lockouts (one for pve one for pvp). PvP and PvE are separate games using the same engine. Keep them separate.

said by Arsinic:

In PVE its not like healing is hard anyway.

That's not entirely fair. Heroic Zon'ozz will be more of a PITA now.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Heck LK-25H apparently is a pain now for healers, or is was just that group.

The healers were complaining that dispel was on CD and they needed to co-ordinate.

Worst ICC EVER.

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
reply to Immer

On heroic Zonozz it was always easier to just heal through the debuff anyway, so it should have no effect on that fight.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to DarkLogix

Not the healers fault there buddy, you should only need 1 hop to drop the disease off on the mobs (maybe 2 if an unlucky melee picks it up).

And vince is right Immer, for H Zonoz just heal through the debuffs. It's not very hard if you go with 3 heals. DPS shouldn't be an issue.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Well on that LK-25h they weren't cleansing necrotic plauge.

but frankly the worst problem was people NOT F***ing moving when they should for shadow traps.

and it was melee heavy so we weren't able to skip p2 and the valks killed people.

From now on I don't plan to do ICC-25H with my guild, it was mostly pugs from tanaris and it was full of derp.

1st night (Friday) only had 15 people, but they wouldn't listen, the plan was to do the metas but not to do been waiting (because it can be a PITA on heroic if the tanks/healers aren't up to it and if there aren't enough ranged to skip p2 and p3.

on the 1st night people didn't listen so we gave up on the meta after some dps wouldn't stop killing the adds for full house, we then didn't kill 4th boss fast enough for the meta, nor did the rotface and festergut die fast enough. Then prof was a cluster**** and that was it for the night.

2nd night Saturday we managed to get a full 25 and knock out prof, blood princes, queen, dream, and sindy but no metas. And then spent awhile wiping on LK because healers wouldn't co-ordinate others wouldn't move out of traps.

3rd night Sunday, spent time wiping.

all that said I already have all of the achevs from 25 and 10 and got the 25 one in one run (short of portal because it bugged) and already had bitten.

So the run was a nightmare and a reminder of how bad tanaris pugs really can be.

Arsinic

Ruffs Dale, PA

Who cares.. you were jsut claiming last week how lawdy dawdy the fight was, Now that it still isn't even 30% the fight it used to be.

Imagine for a second doingt the fight at 80 with icc gear, maybe now you'll realise the pita that fight was especially from an execution standpoint.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

said by Arsinic:

Who cares.. you were jsut claiming last week how lawdy dawdy the fight was, Now that it still isn't even 30% the fight it used to be.

Imagine for a second doingt the fight at 80 with icc gear, maybe now you'll realise the pita that fight was especially from an execution standpoint.

The PITA is the PUGs that won't do as they should.

when half the raid is dead on the 1st trap its not that its hard its that they fail at wow.

I've killed 25H-LK with him enraged because a healer cleansed 29 stacks off and they had to spend more time building stacks for the meta, and other than the 10% auto kill, no one died.

now with people that don't know how to move and having LK come running after me because the tanks are dead, um ya that's not because its hard that's because they're PUGs from tanaris and many of them think oh its old and they out gear it.

Its really easy to just move to the next marker each time, and a clothy shouldn't be the last one standing.

BTW I had done at least one attempt at lvl80 back in 3.3.5, but the group didn't have the strat yet and they only did it because the RL forgot to switch back to reg.

if blizz would have not nerfed it to crap and altered the talents so that 80 isn't what 80 was then I'd be glad to find a good group and do it.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to Arsinic

I know what you mean, dual disc priests to spam bubbles only, a druid spamming rejuve, ahhh the days.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Arsinic

Ruffs Dale, PA

Real ballers did it without a disc priest.. I used to heal holy with a resto druid on raid and 2 holy paladins on tanks/ oh shit raid..
Disc made it easy, but baller holy priest jsut just as efficient with well timed PoH/ CoH 11 people instantly lost thier debuff and the R druid got the rest... GG smart heals with ranged stack and melee stack!

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04

FAIL if you didnt heal as disc in ICC...

Watermasta

join:2012-06-15
Quantico, VA

said by Vinceruos_t:

FAIL if you didnt heal as disc in ICC...

Especially in 25 man setting. There is no excuse. Why make things harder on yourself?