spc
Search similar:

uniqs
cbstegs
join:2005-02-23
Stratford, CT

cbstegs

8 downsteam

on the Milford ct system and woke to all 8 downstream channels on my arris 802 modem being bonded. Previously only had 5 available before. Does this have anything to do with the call i received last week from cablevision about upgrading dvr+

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35

Anon

Still only 5 here in Fairfield, didn't check Bridgeport yet.

DVR+ has nothing to do with that, probably going to be doing some speed bumps like Comcast also though since you need 8 channels to get anything more than 150Mbps speeds.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to cbstegs

to cbstegs
said by cbstegs:

on the Milford ct system and woke to all 8 downstream channels on my arris 802 modem being bonded. Previously only had 5 available before. Does this have anything to do with the call i received last week from cablevision about upgrading dvr+

DVR+ upgrades are unrelated to extra downstream channels. But congratulations.
Rojo31
join:2009-04-14
New York, NY

Rojo31 to cbstegs

to cbstegs
Is it only the Arris that gets 5+ bonded channels?
Can't recall ever seeing someone with a Motorola post they are getting more than four.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

Unless they're giving out SB6180s which do 8 downstream channels to replace the SB6120s which only did 4 downstream channels, the Cisco DPQ3212 and Arris TM802/TM822G do 8 downstream.

Wyldfox
join:2002-01-26
Milford, CT

Wyldfox

I have a Motorola and I'm in Milford.....just not sure what you're talking about for me to check it out. Do you need DVR+?

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35

Anon

I do however have a Motorola SB6180 on the Fairfield Bridgeport border but no 8 channels yet, checked last night after our outage but still only 5 channels.

That's my modem at work now - with STATIC IPs so maybe that's why no change here (doubt it as the modem just connects to the same CMTS as residential ones).

/offtopic
Signals not so great but still get full speeds so 58/8Mbps last checked 20mins ago. That's the only reason why I haven't bugged em yet as they had a run a line from the tap for this, none was here before when we moved?!?

I've seen it go up to 58 on the upstream though and still was connected , downdstream was up to -3dBmV at that point.

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL to kickass69

to kickass69
said by kickass69:

Unless they're giving out SB6180s which do 8 downstream channels to replace the SB6120s which only did 4 downstream channels, the Cisco DPQ3212 and Arris TM802/TM822G do 8 downstream.

There is also a SB6141 which is also 8+4.

Wyldfox
Milford, CT

Wyldfox to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
I don't see anything that looks like that. This is all I can find with RF..

RF Downstream Interface Enabled Up 42.884 n/a
RF Upstream Interface Enabled Up 30.720 n/a

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

Does it say on the back or bottom of your Motorola what the model name is?
majortom1029
join:2006-10-19
Medford, NY

majortom1029 to cbstegs

to cbstegs
Here in huntington I have 6 bonded here with optimum ultra.
frdrizzt
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
said by SHoTTa35 :

I do however have a Motorola SB6180 on the Fairfield Bridgeport border but no 8 channels yet, checked last night after our outage but still only 5 channels.

That's my modem at work now - with STATIC IPs so maybe that's why no change here (doubt it as the modem just connects to the same CMTS as residential ones).

/offtopic
Signals not so great but still get full speeds so 58/8Mbps last checked 20mins ago. That's the only reason why I haven't bugged em yet as they had a run a line from the tap for this, none was here before when we moved?!?

I've seen it go up to 58 on the upstream though and still was connected , downdstream was up to -3dBmV at that point.

The Fairfield & Norwalk CMTS' have not been upgraded yet. DHCP & Static IP customers will see upgrade at the same time, as you assumed.

Wyldfox
Milford, CT

Wyldfox to kickass69

to kickass69
Surfboard SBV5222. A friend of mine has a modem that he got after I got mine. Nice. So I went down to Cable to see if I could exchange it for the newer one (I don't think it was a Motorola), and they said it wasn't for my hook-up. You had to have boost.
:shrug:
Wyldfox

Wyldfox to kickass69

to kickass69
Oops...

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat
join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY

momcat1 to cbstegs

to cbstegs
Wow, we got 8 channels too! Ping is a little longer, but it seems to be working. We have an Arris in Dutchess County.

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69 to Wyldfox

to Wyldfox
Sad that it's not universal across their territory to swap out DOCSIS 2 modems...which is what you have and is limited to 1 downstream channel and 1 upstream channel at a time...to DOCSIS 3 modems. I'm on the standard tier as you are and have DOCSIS 3 modems.

Wyldfox
Milford, CT

Wyldfox

I'm going to request it again then. Is it a Motorola or what brand and what model please?
frdrizzt
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

If they give you a hard time on the swap out, tell them you want to upgrade to boost plus & have them give the modem. After they do the change, ask them to remove boost plus.

Wyldfox
Milford, CT

Wyldfox

I will, but what modem am I looking for?

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

It will most likely be an Arris modem. They rarely (never?) hand out Motorolas now.

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69 to Wyldfox

to Wyldfox
A Motorola SB6140 or SB6180, a Cisco or Arris DOCSIS 3 modem since both of them are capable of doing 8 downstream channels and 4 upstream even though Cablevision isn't doing upstream bonding yet.

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35

Anon

It seems they give out the Arris TM802G it seems now as all of my friends that switched back from AT&T got an Arris and the Netgear router (actually decent, dual band and can even put DD-WRT on it ). Haven't heard of anyone getting a Cisco DPC3008 or whatever in a while. They don't do motos anymore unless it's the voice version of the SB6121, the SBV6220 which is only a 4x4 modem (still good choice IMO over any D2 ).

The newer moto modems aren't carried by CV it seems, i wouldn't recommend buying it though since they are like $100!

»www.amazon.com/Motorola- ··· s=sb6141

»www.amazon.com/Motorola- ··· a+sb6180

CV doesn't rent modems like Comcast and others do. They wont have a problem activating it though, i got my SB6180 for free but currently $55 used there. Called them up gave em MAC address and was off and running.
Ricanlegend
join:2011-05-18
Bronx, NY

Ricanlegend

I just checked Right now and I got 8 down hopefully that means we getting new speed. Am located in the Bronx in Morrisania
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

said by Ricanlegend:

I just checked Right now and I got 8 down hopefully that means we getting new speed.

If anything, the "new speed" is 7% slower than the old speed.
majortom1029
join:2006-10-19
Medford, NY

majortom1029 to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
They are giving out 8x4 modems to business ultra customers. 1 month ago we upgraded to ultra at work and got 2 cisco dosc 3 modems. 8x4 ones

StreetSpirit
This spot reserved for Xenu.
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Roslyn, NY

StreetSpirit

Premium Member

Click for full size
George's Screen Capture
A friend at work who was using a Docsis 2 modem NEVER had Boost or Ultra and received an Arris TM804G last week. His modem is now using all 8 channels.

His screenie is attached.

Personally I'm waiting for upstream channel aggregation.

--
Dave
Sent via ASUS Transformer TF201
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

Rebooted my modem today. Still 5 channels in NJ.

J Alert
Mayhem til the AM
Premium Member
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY

J Alert to cbstegs

Premium Member

to cbstegs
Came home tonight to 8 bonded downstreams in Southern Westchester system (Tuckahoe/Bronxville).

bcronin
Premium Member
join:2004-03-27
Hyde Park, NY

bcronin to momcat1

Premium Member

to momcat1
8 here in Hyde Park as well for what its worth.
--
bc

thinkpad
join:2000-07-26
Stamford, CT

thinkpad to cbstegs

to cbstegs
Stamford, CT just got 8 downstream channels.

On the Norwalk system