Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

[MoP] Technical Issues with patch

It defaulted to DX11

At first I liked it because unlike before it wasn't messing up my little usb monitor like before. (and the quality is sweet)

But on looting a clam for the darnassus cooking daily the video card driver freaked and stopped responding.

Currently I have a GeForce GTX570 and the 280 driver loaded (because of other issues with the 301 driver.)

I heard of others having video card freakouts last night so was wondering what ya'll thoughts are.

Redawg81
T3h N3wb
join:2001-08-04
Jacksonville, FL

Redawg81

From what Ive seen the only thing that was causing me to have fps freakouts was addons. Ive noticed a few fps improvements overall but that might be due to having the majority of my addons disabled

R3d

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well my FPS have dropped as did the FPS of my guild leader.

So far for me switching to DX9 stopped the driver not responding issue.

I let wow auto disable out of date stuff so that shouldn't be causing an issue.

after looking over that thread of kris I plan to upgrade from 280 to 296 and see if DX11 works safely.

Mr Fel
INTJ - The Architect
Premium Member
join:2008-03-17
Louisville, KY
Asus RT-N66

Mr Fel to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
I've had a few lockouts, figured out they were related to addon failure more than anything else. For example my WoW Instant Messanger would completely freeze the game anytime someone on RealID would log on or off. I don't know why, so I disabled it and went on my till it was updated. Had similar issues with Carbonite until a fanmade fix was issued last night.

Is it having the same difficulties when you switch it to DX9? Edit: Nevermind you answered that while I was typing this, and Redawg81 See Profile beat me there as well.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
Try the newest 306 beta driver. I've also had good luck with the 295/296 one. 280 is pretty old.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Will do.

I'll install the 296 tonight and give DX11 a go.

have you tested the 306 one yet? to see if the issue with 301 is gone?

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
No problems here. I'm using the latest Nvidia beta driver, DX11, and all settings on Ultra (or as high as they get).

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well installed 296 rebooted and started playing to see

and driver freaked on ring of frost with dx11

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
FYI, power auras was lagging the ever living crap out of my system yesterday (dunno if they updated today). So, careful with some of those out of date addons.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

What I read about POWA is that they are going to update on release...I had to go with an alternate addon for the meantime.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

One thing that drives me nuts about the F/OSS community is stuff like this.

If they couldn't see 5.0.4 coming from a mile away... get your rear in gear and get the addons ready... seriously.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well looks like it might be an issue with my card.

012-P3-1572-AR
»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 14130595

Its a factory OC'ed card and it seems others have had such an issue and it might be due to still having the reference voltage even though EVGA upped the core and memory clocks.

Also I've now found that theres a video bios update for it that'll let me up the fan speed all the way to 100% (currently capped at 85%.)

So it looks that it might not be an issue with wow, so I'll update the Vbios and see how it does tonight.