uniqs
share rss forum feed

SueS
Premium
join:2007-05-16
Macon, MO
kudos:2

[XPPro] Printer problem

A friend has a HP printer that just stops working when he tries to print an e-mail. A few months ago I was able to reinstall the software and it was ok. Last week he had the same problem and I reinstalled, and all was ok. Now this happened again yesterday, and I am reluctant to reinstall again, because it is not really fixing what ever is causing this problem. Is there anything else I can do?

Please move, if not in the correct forum

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13
Any email causes problem or only some? Any error messages when it happens + what browser?

Cudni

SueS
Premium
Macon, MO
reply to SueS
Using IE. I think, only some and when it happens the e-mail just sits in the documents to be printed, and we cannot delete it unless we remove the printer software. Also we cannot print anything else because the one that doesn't print is in the road. No error messages. The e-mails are in Yahoo.

quaker
Premium
join:2001-12-27
Rocky River, OH
reply to SueS
how is it connected to the computer? do test pages print? what model printer?

SueS
Premium
Macon, MO
USB port. Can't print anything when the first e-mail sits in documents to be printed. We try to print something else when this happens and they all just sit there, but we can delete all others except for the first one.
Printer is an HP, I think 1500. Just a cheap printer.

SueS
Premium
Macon, MO
reply to SueS
I was going to go help him today if I could find out something else to try, but I also had him run SuperAntiSpyware before I went out. He just called and said printer was working again. He removed some stuff (not sure what it was). Now I have a new question, could malware cause the original problem?