How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

DocDrew to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20

Re: Warning: 0-Day vulnerability in Java 7

Mele20 have you ever tweaked (adjusted RWIN and other TCP settings) on your XP computer for new speeds you've been provisioned with over the years?

Check here:
»/tweaks
redwolfe_98
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11

3 edits

redwolfe_98

Premium Member

said by DocDrew:

Mele20 have you ever tweaked the RWIN and other TCP settings on your XP computer

i was wondering the same thing.. i imagine that mele already considered tweaking the TCP/IP settings on her computer..

i tried using some utility, years ago, to tweak the TCP/IP settings on my computer and it make a pretty big difference.. i went from download-speeds of about 2.7 MBPS to about 8 MBPS.. (it was advertized as having a 3 MBPS download-speed).. that was years ago.. with my current connection, i would say i get 20 MBPS.. somtimes the speed-tests show that i am getting 30 MBPS, if i do the tests late at nite..

i use "roadrunner" and their system will throttle-back my connection speed when i am doing speed-tests.. it is advertised as having an 8 MBPS download-speed..

i was going to attach a reg-file that i use to tweak the TCP/IP settings on my computer but it might not be appropriate for other computers so i didn't attach it..