Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

quatra
Premium
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC
reply to Nick D

Re: The end to not so great era is today!

said by Nick D:

On a side note: goodbye Rend!

To all the bleeds I've looooved befoooooreee...

Hrm ... someone put together an inventory of abilities being removed in MoP. From the game entirely, I mean; Destro locks may not use Corruption anymore, but it'll be there.

Goodbye rend, goodbye throwndown, goodbye demoralizing shout. That's what I've noticed so far. I dig the stance changes - being able to go defensive stance in pvp for -15% dmg taken I almost feel like a DK! I haven't had a chance to really play yet though my very brief moment on the training dummy on illidan the worlds laggiest server (no it's not my computer) showed a big dps drop but I have no clue what i'm doing so hopefully that explains the loss of dps.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

If you were DPSing the Raid dummy then that's what you did wrong

Good luck hitting a lvl93 mob at 85.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to quatra

Do your rage gen abilities work in Def Stance? Prot's don't in non-def stance and you don't get rage from autoattacks in that stance for sure.

Demo Shout still exists as a minor CD for prot! (reduces damage from enemies hit by it by 20%, 1min CD)

And yeah, no more Throwdown, but hey. Fus ro dah, mang. Dragon Roar brings the hurt.

quatra
Premium
Matthews, NC

I'm not sure if MS will generate rage in defensive stance - I suspect not. But you should still generate rage from taking damage and the only reason to be in prot stance in pvp is if you're taking a lot of damage.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

You don't generate rage from taking damage in defensive stance. Only in Zerker stance. Prot gets 1 rage/3seconds in Def (Anger Management), but that's just to help a little, and being in Zerker means Shield Slam and Revenge don't give you any rage.

It's a brave new world.

quatra
Premium
Matthews, NC

Oh bummer - so defensive stance will be even worse than pre-5.0 for a DPS warrior in pvp oh well.

Oh and btw yes I was attacking the raid dummy no wonder my dps was so terrible.

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Long Island
reply to quatra

said by quatra:

illidan the worlds laggiest server (no it's not my computer) ....

You're on Illidan? Which faction, I have 2 raiding alts there -horde side.
--
Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!