Search similar:

uniqs

chimatt
@rcn.com

2 edits

chimatt

Anon

[TiVo] Stream

The Tivo Stream will be available in early September. If I buy this will it work with the RCN Tivo?
Komosatp
join:2006-10-30
Washington, DC

1 recommendation

Komosatp

Re: [TiVo] Stream - Chicago, Il

Discussion of this going on in another thread (»[TiVo] RCNUpdate : Where we are and where we are going :) here's what rcnman said about it earlier this summer.:
said by rcnman:

TiVo Stream : We are looking at supporting and offering the TiVo Stream which allows you to watch all DVR'd content on your IPAD / IPHONE. This isn't something thats going to happen anytime in the next couple months but we are looking at it.

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA

rcnman

Premium Member

This will be a decision we will have to make here shortly.. I would imagine if we do offer it, we would probably NOT allow the retail to work off the RCN TiVo. I would want some control on the solution if it's going to be interacting in that manner with the RCN TiVo...

I did get a new updated one this week to demo and test here, It is pretty awesome and I think it's game changer but I ant to get these upgrades finished up and then focus on this and perhaps the TiVo Mini as well.
nowayout
join:2009-06-22
Allentown, PA

1 edit

nowayout

What additional control would be necessary? The retail Stream respects Cablelabs rules on DRM, copy flags, etc. and also apparently doesn't allow copies or streams of video downloads. It's virtually the same as just having another Tivo STB. If there was much more tightening down than that, it wouldn't be very consumer friendly anymore.
sbiller1
join:2011-05-25
Tampa, FL

sbiller1 to rcnman

to rcnman
Jason, what can you tell us about the TiVo Mini? Do you have one of those in house as well?

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA

rcnman

Premium Member

Just got a couple in the lab, I haven't plugged them in yet.
sbiller1
join:2011-05-25
Tampa, FL

sbiller1

Thanks Jason. I'm looking forward to hearing your perspective on them compared to the Preview.

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium Member
join:2009-03-02
Bath, PA

shadyman777 to chimatt

Premium Member

to chimatt
TiVo Updated their app today to allow stream I wanna stream to my iPad & iPhone

Dawk2012
@rcn.com

Dawk2012

Anon

I saw that too and got all excited about being able to stream to my IPOD--but it doesnt work with RCN tivo. Jason when will this be made available ?