rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium,VIP
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA
kudos:11
reply to Komosatp

Re: [TiVo] Stream - Chicago, Il

This will be a decision we will have to make here shortly.. I would imagine if we do offer it, we would probably NOT allow the retail to work off the RCN TiVo. I would want some control on the solution if it's going to be interacting in that manner with the RCN TiVo...

I did get a new updated one this week to demo and test here, It is pretty awesome and I think it's game changer but I ant to get these upgrades finished up and then focus on this and perhaps the TiVo Mini as well.
--
Jason Nealis,
V.P. Engineering and Operations

nowayout

join:2009-06-22
Allentown, PA

1 edit
What additional control would be necessary? The retail Stream respects Cablelabs rules on DRM, copy flags, etc. and also apparently doesn't allow copies or streams of video downloads. It's virtually the same as just having another Tivo STB. If there was much more tightening down than that, it wouldn't be very consumer friendly anymore.

sbiller1

join:2011-05-25
Tampa, FL
reply to rcnman
Jason, what can you tell us about the TiVo Mini? Do you have one of those in house as well?

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium,VIP
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA
kudos:11
Just got a couple in the lab, I haven't plugged them in yet.
--
Jason Nealis,
V.P. Engineering and Operations

sbiller1

join:2011-05-25
Tampa, FL
Thanks Jason. I'm looking forward to hearing your perspective on them compared to the Preview.