spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

caca

@rogers.com

[Extreme Plus] rogers new modem

hello i upgraded to the new modem and also speed to 75mbps.not sure if am doing some wrong cause i can`t get full speed when dl am getting the same speed from before i did the upgrade witch is only 35mbps any help i had before xtreme plus

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1

You upgraded to Ultimate, correct?

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
reply to caca

You haven't actually been upgraded properly by the sound of it.

caca

@rogers.com

but when i do the speedtest.net it shows me am in the 75

caca

@rogers.com

»speedtest.net/result/2148221309.png see results not sure if am doing something wrong

caca

@rogers.com

btw thx for replying hope you guys can help me out

caca

@rogers.com
reply to J E F F

yes i did the upgrade yesterday also using altbinz the speeds am getting now only incresed by 500kbs thats it and now am suppose to have 2x the speed b4 i had the 32 now i have the 75

caca

@rogers.com
reply to J E F F

yes i did

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
reply to caca

Speedtest is good. There's nothing wrong with your connection. Basically wherever you're loading from can't deliver fast enough.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

said by sbrook:

Speedtest is good. There's nothing wrong with your connection. Basically wherever you're loading from can't deliver fast enough.

It is amazing how many folks don't realize their DL speed is limited/downgraded to the DL speed capability of the server/site they are downloading from......

caca

@rogers.com

so i might as well go back to my 32 if thats all am going to get insted of paying more money but i thought using nzb gave you unlimited speed

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile

nzb is essentially a table of contents which speeds the *finding* of newsgroup entries for downloading. So, instead of looking through a ToC for "The fountain Part 1-of-5" through every header, you look through an NZB source for The fountain and it returns page numbers for the entries, making it quicker to get to the entry. It changes NOTHING at all about the speed of download.

caca

@rogers.com

ok thx guys for all yr replies i will go back to my old tier since i will have the same results as the higher one

avernar

join:2002-05-23
Mississauga, ON
reply to elitefx

said by elitefx:

It is amazing how many folks don't realize their DL speed is limited/downgraded to the DL speed capability of the server/site they are downloading from......

Except that good usenet servers have some of the fastest connections to the internet. Question is what usenet server is he using.

avernar

Mississauga, ON
reply to caca

said by caca :

so i might as well go back to my 32 if thats all am going to get insted of paying more money but i thought using nzb gave you unlimited speed

What usenet server are you using?

How many simultaneous connections is altbins set for?

caca

@rogers.com
reply to avernar

astraweb also me having an older pc would that also affect anything since my hd is older and the speed it can write 2??

caca

@rogers.com
reply to avernar

avernar

Mississauga, ON
reply to caca

said by caca :

astraweb also me having an older pc would that also affect anything since my hd is older and the speed it can write 2??

Yes, it can. Does altbinz have an indicator anywhere that it's pausing because the HD can't keep up?

said by caca :

Astraweb's site says they allow 20. Try that to see if it helps.

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
reply to caca

I actually had to set my Newhosting connection up for 25 connections in order to get my full 75mbps download speed. Try increasing your connection count.
--
Tom

caca

@rogers.com

thx for all your help guys i have a limit of 20 so i open all 20 and now am getting about 85% of my speed so am happy and once again thx guys