spc
uniqs

caca
@rogers.com

caca to elitefx

Anon

to elitefx

Re: [Extreme Plus] rogers new modem

so i might as well go back to my 32 if thats all am going to get insted of paying more money but i thought using nzb gave you unlimited speed

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

nzb is essentially a table of contents which speeds the *finding* of newsgroup entries for downloading. So, instead of looking through a ToC for "The fountain Part 1-of-5" through every header, you look through an NZB source for The fountain and it returns page numbers for the entries, making it quicker to get to the entry. It changes NOTHING at all about the speed of download.

caca
@rogers.com

caca

Anon

ok thx guys for all yr replies i will go back to my old tier since i will have the same results as the higher one

avernar
join:2002-05-23
Plattsville, ON

avernar to caca

to caca
said by caca :

so i might as well go back to my 32 if thats all am going to get insted of paying more money but i thought using nzb gave you unlimited speed

What usenet server are you using?

How many simultaneous connections is altbins set for?

caca
@rogers.com

caca

Anon

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS

TLS2000

Premium Member

I actually had to set my Newhosting connection up for 25 connections in order to get my full 75mbps download speed. Try increasing your connection count.

caca
@rogers.com

caca

Anon

thx for all your help guys i have a limit of 20 so i open all 20 and now am getting about 85% of my speed so am happy and once again thx guys