spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SOFI

@telus.net

Fraudulent charges on Rogers wireless - 443 minute call

I just got my Rogers bill and there was a CAD84 charge for a 443 minute call I never made! I barely use my wireless phone (except to call husband) - so this was too weird. Called Rogers and they said their records show the call was indeed made. How do I dispute this with them. I cannot imagine how one can make a 7 hours plus call without it being disconnected once!

The only explanation was perhaps one of my children were playing with my phone... but then for like 30 minutes I can accept, but 443 minutes?? If it goes to voicemail, it should not be long. And the number I called (a friend I talk to once a year) would certainly not answer the call and leave connected for over 7 hours.

Please advise.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
Do you have a phone even capable of 7 hour talk time?

Ask them when & where this call was made from. They can triangulate the approximate area.

If this was at your home, how is the signal? If its low signal, I doubt you would be able to maintain a 7 hour call without the battery going dead, on any phone, as in low signal situation the phone uses more battery life.
--
GO BLUE JAYS!

GroovyPhoenx

join:2006-05-22
Gloucester, ON
reply to SOFI
Sounds more like a Butt dial to me!

Rogers rarely listens to the "I didn't make this call" if their records show you made it, you made it, they don't care if they are right or wrong.

RogersDarrel

join:2011-09-30
reply to SOFI
Hi SOFI, my name is RogersDarrell and I'm from the Rogers Social Media Team.
I'd like to review and investigate this call with you. I will need you to reach out to us on Twitter via @RogersHelps or Facebook via Facebook.com/Rogers where we can obtain further information as we are unable to PM you here due to your security settings.

Thanks SOFI!

RogersDarrell

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to GroovyPhoenx
said by GroovyPhoenx:

Sounds more like a Butt dial to me!

Rogers rarely listens to the "I didn't make this call" if their records show you made it, you made it, they don't care if they are right or wrong.

As it should be.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to RogersDarrel
said by RogersDarrel:

Hi SOFI, my name is RogersDarrell and I'm from the Rogers Social Media Team.
I'd like to review and investigate this call with you. I will need you to reach out to us on Twitter via @RogersHelps or Facebook via Facebook.com/Rogers where we can obtain further information as we are unable to PM you here due to your security settings.

Thanks SOFI!

RogersDarrell

Sofi, don't waste your time, these Trolls constantly come in here, promise to help, and you never hear from them again. Call the Office of the President.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to HiVolt
7hrs for a butt dial? That would be even more interesting.
Better questions, what number did you "dial" and why did the receiver of the call leave it on for 7hrs, I've had my share of butt/bag calls and I'll with no response, I hang up and the call is disconnected on the other side.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Xstar_Lumini

join:2008-12-14
Canada
reply to SOFI
$84 for a call of 443 minutes? That's a steal, these lying thieves from Rogers used to send me bills for $130 a month for making total calling times of less than 10 minutes to Niagara Falls or Wasaga Beach.

JAC70

join:2008-10-20
canada
reply to SOFI
Did you check your phone's call list?

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
the bill will show the number dialed, their internal cdr records will have the location informaiton of the call, including the imsi and imei of the handset which made the call. they should provide this to you upon request
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
reply to Xstar_Lumini
Long distance goes up another 10c'/min soon, why? Because Bell did!

The Geezer
Premium
join:2004-12-28
43.3Á
reply to SOFI
Strange that they should ask you to follow the request on twitter!

I for one do not have a Twitter, Facebook or any other personal information stealing Internet social media service, nor do I ever intend to. It will be too bad if I need to get a problem solved via one of these routes; I guess I'd be on my own! But it is also too bad that huge communications companies like Rogers require you to use such dodgy, shady, slimy and nonsensical methods as Twitter and Facebook to resolve an issue!

Just MHO!
--
Rogers (Ericcson) Rocket Hub, Apple Intel iMac, OSX 10.6

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
Rogers does not require you to use Social Media to escalate issues. This Rogers employee is simply extending an offer of assistance. The OP and others who receive similar offers can either take it or pursue more traditional routes of assistance.

randomzero

join:2010-03-25
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

They can triangulate the approximate area.

Lol, nope.
Expand your moderator at work

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to randomzero

Re: Fraudulent charges on Rogers wireless - 443 minute call

said by randomzero:

said by HiVolt:

Lol, nope.

Um Yep

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
they dont need to triangulate, they know which tower your connected to. its THEIR network, why wouldn't they know?
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

Tig

join:2006-06-29
Carrying Place, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to SOFI
I had a similar problem with Primus. 4 or 5 day long call. Fortunately my call logs also showed me calling other numbers during that time.
Ask your friend if she remembers the call. Maybe she has detailed phone records that show something to either contradict the duration, or prove that the call was not received.

snorlax14

join:2007-11-20
Thornhill, ON
My son had a fido call that lasted nearly an hour. Pocket dial to a number in the phone book. The call was to my old workplace (used to be my phone). There is no way they actually talked that long. After a couple of "hello, hello's" they would have hung up. Why the fido records show an hour long call (and so does the phone) is beyond me. I also thought that the call would end when either party hangs up. Guess not.

randomzero

reply to rogersmogers
said by rogersmogers :

said by randomzero:

said by HiVolt:

Lol, nope.

Um Yep

Good luck trying to get a rep to get that info.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by randomzero:

lol it's not a frontline rep that checks that... it goes to someone else who investigates it. They can ABSOLUTELY triangulate it. It's common knowledge. A cell phone pings local towers, of which they have access of which towers were pinged during that call.

Thus giving an as HiVolt said, Approximate area of where it was made.

too funny with the "lol, nope"

randomzero

said by Tx:

said by randomzero:

lol it's not a frontline rep that checks that... it goes to someone else who investigates it. They can ABSOLUTELY triangulate it. It's common knowledge. A cell phone pings local towers, of which they have access of which towers were pinged during that call.

Like I said, good luck trying to get that info from someone.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by randomzero:

said by Tx:

said by randomzero:

Like I said, good luck trying to get that info from someone.

Consumers have several avenues to dispute it. There is a specific managers department you can speak with now. Not sure why you keep repeating yourself when you didn't even know it was possible? If someone isn't lazy, it'll get done (someone as in the customer)

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to The Geezer
i've done the twitter thing before and it was way less painful then going through the endless menu options and you call 1-800-ROGERS1 or #611. It's worth investing in a twitter account if it's only to talk to Rogers. Their social media team is small, I think four or five staff members. But when I needed to get my cable looked at, I didn't have to put up with all this BS of reboot my GD'ed cable box a trillion times. They looked up my line, saw that it was weak, made the appointment for me.

Personally, I recommend the twitter experience. Yes, it's a little slower...but...it's better.

As for the OP, if the butt call was done, you should try to find out who they butt called.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Sarge

@rogers.com
Triangulation is very much indeed possible. Used all the time in criminal investigations especially homicide wherein the victim had a cell phone.

Rogers Security will run that part of the investigation into the call and report to whoever ends up taking you serious enough to request a triangulation report.
Expand your moderator at work

randomzero

reply to Tx

Re: Fraudulent charges on Rogers wireless - 443 minute call

said by Tx:

Consumers have several avenues to dispute it. There is a specific managers department you can speak with now. Not sure why you keep repeating yourself when you didn't even know it was possible? If someone isn't lazy, it'll get done (someone as in the customer)

Who said I didn't know it was possible? I'm still standing by my original statement , however. I sincerely doubt anyone would be willing to look into this.