Re: If Diablo 3 Was On Sale...

$9.99

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
Okay. So I'm reading all the replies in the thread to me and they're coming from people who either haven't played the game. Or are coming from people who played after the game had an expansion or came late to the game. D3 right now is almost the same as when D2 was released, had to burst your shiny bubble.

There were no rune words until there was the expansion. The mediocre gear can still get you to hell now(and through it--even pre-nerf). Nightmare was still nightmare back in D2 as much as it is now, and still a pain in the ass. Shitty gear in D2 was still shitty gear now. If anything the AH makes the game a face roll.
ohh
join:2011-07-16
San Jose, CA

ohh

said by Mashiki:

Okay. So I'm reading all the replies in the thread to me and they're coming from people who either haven't played the game. Or are coming from people who played after the game had an expansion or came late to the game. D3 right now is almost the same as when D2 was released, had to burst your shiny bubble.

There were no rune words until there was the expansion. The mediocre gear can still get you to hell now(and through it--even pre-nerf). Nightmare was still nightmare back in D2 as much as it is now, and still a pain in the ass. Shitty gear in D2 was still shitty gear now. If anything the AH makes the game a face roll.

Because the current dev group did not have ten plus years from Diablo 2 to learn from. Alright! Take me to this wondrous alternate reality you live in!

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Mashiki

Premium Member

to Mashiki
said by Mashiki:

Okay. So I'm reading all the replies in the thread to me and they're coming from people who either haven't played the game. Or are coming from people who played after the game had an expansion or came late to the game.

Uh, what? We're all posting here saying how we regret we bought it. The bolded part also makes no sense whatsoever.
ohh
join:2011-07-16
San Jose, CA

ohh

said by Krisnatharok:

said by Mashiki:

Okay. So I'm reading all the replies in the thread to me and they're coming from people who either haven't played the game. Or are coming from people who played after the game had an expansion or came late to the game.

Uh, what? We're all posting here saying how we regret we bought it. The bolded part also makes no sense whatsoever.

He is saying the people that have posted "Diablo 3 is bad" obviously did not play Diablo 2 or only played it after the expansion had been released.

I liked Diablo 2 from the original release including the expansion. Some people only like the original, some people only like the expansion.. I like both and I think Diablo 3 sucks.

a2nxtcrav3r
Pokes People With Stick
Premium Member
join:2003-07-13
San Jose, CA

a2nxtcrav3r to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
$15 no more than that.

$20 for collectors

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
I'd still pay my Collector's Edition price. It's paid for itself via suckers.
brianiscool
join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

brianiscool to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
I bet in 5 years it will drop to $29.99.

NaCl3
Blissfully Ignorant
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Long Island

NaCl3 to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
I don't regret the original price. It was fun for a while. But once I realized I needed to either rerun Inferno Act 1 forever to get the incremental upgrades or use the RMAH to buy my way into Act 2, I dropped the game.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by NaCl3:

I don't regret the original price. It was fun for a while. But once I realized I needed to either rerun Inferno Act 1 forever to get the incremental upgrades or use the RMAH to buy my way into Act 2, I dropped the game.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to NaCl3

Premium Member

to NaCl3
said by NaCl3:

That's exactly how it played out for me.
ender7074
join:2006-11-21
Saint Louis, MO

ender7074 to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
9.99 and not a dollar more. First play through is pretty enjoyable. 2nd starts fun then that drops off quickly. By the time you're getting into the harder levels, its like nails on a chalkboard. Drops suck, story is predictable, little changes even though the game has "random" areas. Good for one play though only.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
Before playing TL2: $29.99
After: $15.00

TL2 is so much more fun than D3 it is night and day. D3 is like searching for treasure in a dump, where TL2 is like going to the rich neighborhood's yard sales.