spc
Search similar:

uniqs
idbit
join:2008-12-04
Florida

idbit

[General] Multiple voicemail greetings, Youmail

One thing I wanted to do is have the option of switching my outgoing voicemail greetings on the fly. I asked a few carriers and it looks like Anveo is the only company that can do this. Not multiple greetings, but they have the option of uploading an audio file. That way, I could save multiple greetings on my hard drive - and upload when I want to switch. I don't know how time consuming that would be though.

I was looking at Youmail. It looks easy enough to setup and forward unanswered calls to Youmail. What I'm wondering is how easy is Youmail to use in everyday use with a VOIP service? Is it easy to check messages from an office SIP phone? Do you have problems with message waiting indicator?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
IB

mgraves1
Premium Member
join:2004-04-05
Houston, TX

mgraves1

Premium Member

Most companies that do hosted PBX with ivr capabilities will support upload of audio files. OnSip does for sure.

As an alternative you can use a soft phone and vemotion. Vemotion let's you inject a sound file into an ongoing call using standard soft phones. Thus you can play the file from your PC while rerecording the outgoing vm. I do this a lot.
idbit
Florida

idbit

Man this is embarrasing. I didn't even know that hosted PBX was an option. I thought if you wanted PBX, you had to host it with your own server. This changes everything. Thanks!

rchandra
Stargate Universe fan
Premium Member
join:2000-11-09
14225-2105

rchandra

Premium Member

PBXes.org is one such option. They have free and paid accounts.
idbit
Florida

idbit

PBXes looks like it's in my price range, about $12/month for what I need + the price I pay to the VOIP provider. My volume is so low, I can't even justify the $40/month base business account that seems to be standard with the hosted PBX providers. (Even though that's less than half of what I'm paying now to AT&T. )

Since I'm new to VOIP, I think what I'll do is settle on a provider and phone, then just get it up and running - without PBXes. Then once I'm comfortable with it all, add PBXes to the mix.
gweidenh
join:2002-05-18
Houston, TX

gweidenh to idbit

to idbit
Just throwing out another option... Google Voice

You can set different greetings, and select between them anytime. Or do it automatically.

idbit
Florida

idbit

Thanks gweidenh. I'll look into them.
petercarlos
join:2012-03-14

petercarlos to idbit

to idbit
What your trying to accomplish here is called IVR( Interactive Voice Person). In order to configure IVR you must have PBX system. When you avail PBX services, you get a switch. You can easily customize this feature as per your own requirement with the user friendly interface; you can upload the audios as per your choice.
JoeSchmoe007
Premium Member
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY

JoeSchmoe007 to idbit

Premium Member

to idbit
Actually with Anveo you can upload multiple files to their servers and switch between them whenever you want via Anveo web interface without the need to access your PC.