Premium Member

to NormanS

Re: [General] POTS or Telco??

So basically the two terms pretty much mean the same thing

Tel
join:2001-10-12
Mauldin, SC

Tel

No, POTS would be your telephone landline. Telco would be the telephone company.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to Mattftlaud3

Premium Member

to Mattftlaud3
said by Mattftlaud3:

If all dogs are mammals, does that mean that all mammals are dogs?
decifal7
join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7 to Mattftlaud3

to Mattftlaud3
POTS is the service your using

Telco is the one your paying for the above service
Mattftlaud3
Premium Member
join:2012-02-07
Fort Lauderdale, FL

1 edit

Mattftlaud3

Premium Member

Ok i was just asking b/c i recently moved and while i had to switch my att dsl over to att uverse internet..... i had to keep my home phone landline as uverse home phone isnt available in my neighborhood yet.

I had been having issues with connection dropping for a while now and called tech support a ton of times. Odd though the drops only happen every afternoon between around 11am and like 330pm.

Well the last call to tech support i was mentioning to the agent that i also had a home phone landline and she saw on my account my uverse internet was setup as a "dryloop". She said that status is for people who have internet only without home phone landline service so she transferred me to tier 2 support for them to put in a request to have my account changed to "shared" b/c she thought that is what is causing my drop issues.

When she ..tier 2... was putting in the request not sure why she needed to ask me this but she asked if my home phone line was POTS or Telco. I told her i didnt know what she was talking about and just said I had a home phone landline thru ATT and asked her why she didnt know that. Well basically she said that even though it's under the umbrella of ATT uverse cant see when u have regular service like a landline on their side. (that's what she said and if that is true that really needs to be changed).

So she asked me for my home phone number with ATT to make sure it was the same she had on file then after she looked it up she said oh it's Telco. So just confused as to why she even needed that info.

The order to change my account from dryloop to shared is supposed to be completed by tomorrow so we'll see what happens. With my luck she probably put the order in wrong and i'll not only not get my issue fixed but i'll probably lose home phone service. Just from past experience with ATT.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Mattftlaud3:

When she was putting in the request not sure why she needed to ask me this but she asked if my home phone line was POTS or Telco. I told her i didnt know what she was talking about...

She didn't know what she was talking about either.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by NetFixer:

said by Mattftlaud3:

When she was putting in the request not sure why she needed to ask me this but she asked if my home phone line was POTS or Telco. I told her i didnt know what she was talking about...

She didn't know what she was talking about either.

ding ding ding ding.....that's 1st tier tech support at its finest...
Mattftlaud3
Premium Member
join:2012-02-07
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Mattftlaud3

Premium Member

LOL this was actually a tier 2 tech agent
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by Mattftlaud3:

LOL this was actually a tier 2 tech agent

ooppsss...my bad

not only is their service going down the drain but also the people who support it....

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to Mattftlaud3

Premium Member

to Mattftlaud3
said by Mattftlaud3:

No because Telco's also provide Cell and many other services.