join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo to tbare54

to tbare54

Re: iGuide A30

can you check the other versions of the software and the platform build date
here are the steps
said by »en.wikibooks.org/w/index ··· stable=0 :
Turn off the box (press POWER on the remote).
Immediately press OK/SELECT. Press it again if the display (black text on white background) does not come up within a second.
DOWN ARROW to "d08 CODE MODULES" and press OK/SELECT.

The firmware version and build date are listed at the top, e.g., "Platform Built: Version: 16.20 Sep 1 2011 15:06:09".
In the middle of the page, there is an "Object" column and a "Ver" column that lists your firmware and software versions, e.g.,
Firmware: TC_OS_ED 16.20
IPG Software: Tv_Guide 74.53
VOD Software: A231_VOD 23.45

tbare54
join:2008-07-28
Fort Wayne, IN

tbare54

platform built: version: 24.58
tv_guide 80.47 mar 22 2012

macgclnt 34.58 enabled 08c5 2

scvastb_7.03

023_ir_c 24.58

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

also in a future update Comcast could enable startover/lookback features that TWC has on iGuide A30 unless these are limited to iGuide R29 which is a special release.

I noticed that the zoom feature works on iGuide R29 as well so that has been active before A30 but in very limited release as Time Warner Cable released iGuide R29 in only LA and Dallas markets I believe unless they have gotten it to their entire motorola footprint with boxes that run iGuide.

Also closed captioning in the guide was enabled with R29 as well.

You can only display black background and white text or white text only when using closed captioning through the iGuide setup menu. The fancy closed captioning options are still setup through the power down and pressing menu one time setup menu.
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

R29 was a special release for Time Warner Cable and the features are new to Comcast customers.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by joejoejeo:

R29 was a special release for Time Warner Cable and the features are new to Comcast customers.

the only real benefits I see with R29 is it seems that to have improved Startover/Lookback handling as TWC seems to have need it for some reason and A28 did not work out too well for the startover/lookback features. Also R29 is basically the introduction of Lookback, Startover, Caller ID on TV, and Possibly remote DVR for TWC customers and adds features in the last two iGuide A28 updates.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to joejoejeo

MVM

to joejoejeo
Yeah R for "RoadRunner" I guess...

I wonder why they didn't change the look of it at all? Verizon changed the look of the Fios Guide, Dish Network's Hopper and Joey are tweaked versions of the 922 HD guide look, and of course DirecTV updated their look to a new HD guide a year ago.

I'll never go to cable as long as the UI looks like Windows 1.0.