spc
Search similar:

uniqs
garyprud
join:2005-07-09
Dallas, TX

garyprud

Hopefully easy to do?

Hi. I would like suggestions on the easiest way to automate the recording of a radio prgm I like that streams at a certain time each week. I want to capture that prgrm for listening later - It is NOT available as a podcast, What I want is to:

1. Have my pc 'wake up', open browser, go to a specific url at a specific time each Saturday.
2. Open the mp3 stream. Record the program.
3. At end of prgrm (3 hrs) - close the link and save the mp3 file into a folder, identified by date.
4. Next Saturday, repeat.

I think this might involve task scheduler? or maybe involve a separate program, hopefully free or low-cost?

Thanks very much!
Gary

SmokChsr
Who let the magic smoke out?
Premium Member
join:2006-03-17
Saint Augustine, FL

SmokChsr

Premium Member

Audacity, I think will do that and it's free..

btB
@rr.com

btB to garyprud

Anon

to garyprud
Problem would be to wake up the computer. I do not know of any recording programs that do that. If your computer is ON though, then I would suggest Total Recorder Pro or one of the Replay programs. Those are not free. Maybe there is a free program that will do what you want, but I know of none.

However there is a site called dar.fm that will let you record one show at a time for free. The stream in question must be reachable with a "pls" or "m3u" link. Luckily, the site has a number of shows/station already listed.

Pros for the site is that the site will record the show for you even if you are offline. You can listen from the site player or download the files. They also give you a decent amount of storage to hold your recordings.

Cons is that the free version allows only one recording at a time. If you pay, you can record more than one show at a time. Also, the site breaks up the files into 15 minute segments. Quality is not the best, but probably considered acceptable.

The biggest con of course is that not all audio streams can be recorded by the service. Since you did not specify what it is, I cannot say for sure either way.
Augustine1
join:2012-09-20

Augustine1

Thank you for sharing this infromation
Augustine1

Augustine1

thanks for sharing such information.
Expand your moderator at work